anti psychotics
i am trying to come off anti psychotics and my heart rate is 60.  is this a problem. i have ahistroy of taking psychiatric drugs.  
I do not know what rate a "normal" heart is supposed to beat at?  Are you having a problem with your heart?

You need to see a doctor if you have a medical problem, I don't think we can help you with this.  
According to the Mayo website, the average range for heart rate is 60 ti 100 times a minute. You are at the low end but should probably check in with your family physician.
thank for your responses.  i was wondering if taking psychiatric drugs or sleeping pills are making the heart rate go lower.
Your age has an effect on your heart rate as well. Younger people usually have a slower heart rate generally but not always. Rule of thumb: If you are concerned or having problems always call your doc. Medications can cause a slower heart rate but again check with your doc first. N
Hey!

Definity check with doc ! A lot of antipsycotics, like the ones I take, call for a person to be weined off of them. It can cause health problems, including heart problems. When I was sent to a psych ward for awhile,i was taking seroquel then and I still am..they decided one day to just take me off it and I was on 400mg of it. I got so sick, and they put me on geodon after that so ontop of it was feeling its nasty side effects ugh it was miserable! I could hardly hold my head up..but my heart was also acting funny at the time! It felt like it was barely beating, and every now and then it woould do this really strange feeling thing. It felt like my heart was doing somersaults imside my chest, but there was never any pain, and it only lasted for likea second! Go talk to a doctor! Please definitely if your heart isnt acting normal!