bad reaction marijuana
I've been smoking marijuana for about 5 years. I've been diagnosed bipolar for about 2 years. I get horrible depression because of my bipolar. I recently had a really bad reaction to pot. REALLY bad. I almost killed myself, screamed at my friends, and vomited for 2 days. No one else that smoked it had a bad reaction. I haven't had a medication change recently. I'm on lamictal, seroquel, wellbutrin, cymbalta, and adderall. I don't know what happened. It wasn't laced or else everyone would have gotten sick. My meds haven't changed so they should not have reacted differently. Everyone that smoked it said that it was awesome pot. I've always been really sensitive to it and have always gotten high really easily. Could it just be that I couldn't tolerate the potency? I've stopped smoking for the time being. I want to be able to smoke again but I don't want to get high and have this happen again and end up killing myself. Does anyone have suggestions, explanations, reactions, or anything?
Psychosis... Too much of a decrease in your GABA neurotransmitter too. Suggestion? Don't ever smoke again on medications or when having bipolar episode. Some people smoked for years and then out of the blues they couldnt do it anymore. Anxiety and depression is the most common cannabis induced reaction that make people stop it even tho they smoked it for ages. What you want to avoid is to become really psycho (a friend of mine had a psychosis and never came back normal). Be careful...

M4
Were you possibly having a small episode are begining to have one? Outburst of anger and rage are so common with Bipolar episodes and of course suicidal thougths can be too.  Were you phycotic and having hallucinations or delusions?  Maybe you just had some anger inside and the smoke gave you the ability to lower your inhabitions?  I really don't know.  Normally smoke tends to mellow one out,,  Your question would probably get valid answers from experiences from people on the Bipolar site.  I am bipolar but I don's smoke pot.  Sorry I cannot help you.
Hi, I found this article written by a gentleman that suffered from drug resistant bipola and thought you may enjoy reading this and perhaps answer your questions regarding marijuana and bipolar.  Good Luck, Jude

rxmarijuana.com/bipolar.htm
I posted it on the bipolar forum as well. I thought it would be good to ask different kinds of people and get more responses.
I was doing really well before I smoked and really well a few days after and still continue to do well. I had the reaction right after my mom was taken to the ER (she has lupus). I thought that stress was what triggered the depression and the pot just allowed me to act on my depressive thoughts. The next day I smoked the same weed again and that night I ended up getting so upset because I was convinced I was a burden on my friends and that I was better off dead. After that I knew it was the pot. The next day I broke down again and was suicidal again. (thank god I smoked with friends. if i had been alone i really would have killed myself). And that evening I started throwing up and kept throwing up the next day and the day after. So, at first I thought I was having an episode combined with stress gave me depressive, suicidal thoughts which the pot made easier to act upon. But I'm sure it wasn't due to an episode. It was the pot. I wasn't psychotic. I was just paranoid that everyone was talking about me and looked down upon me and thought I was pathetic and were annoyed and angry with me and were resentful that I was so needy. When I closed my eyes I saw extremely vivid images that flashed through my mind, almost like a slide show.
I'm hoping that it was just that particular kind of weed but I'm scared that I'll have that reaction again. And, I'm worried that I might be having different reactions to weed that I wasn't aware of.
Thanks for the article. I haven't been able to find any information like this. All I can find is that weed will make me psychotic and end up ******* up my whole life. (which is true in some serious cases but not really for mine). Thanks for all of your help, and that applies to both heyjude 1 and M4YOU.
Yes, I think I would be afraid to try it again, not worth the pay off.  Please take care of yourself.