Depression Community
can

Join others suffering from Depression. Turn to them for guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

can

i have recently been diagnosed with ppd. SO unfortunately cps is involved . i was working but i had to quit i was wondering is it okay if me my son and my fiance all move out of state to get better jobs. Will we be arrested for any reason.
Hello as you are on the depression site, I was wondering how this relates to depression.  Could you expand on what you are saying please.  I am from UK and ppd and cps do not mean anything to me.  Thanks.
PPD stands for post par tum depression and CPS stands for child protection services.
Dear Lalalele,
Congratulations on your new baby! How long ago did you give birth?
PPD is very common and (usually) clears up within a matter of a few weeks, then abruptly (usually) disappears as fast as it came on... fortunately! However, if your symptoms persist or become worse, talk to your Doctor immediately, as this can become a very serious condition, but is very treatable!
I don't understand why the CPS are involved. That usually has to do with suspected child abuse, or someone believes the child is in some sort of danger, therefore you are being investigated and/or monitored very closely! People who suffer from PPD are not "automatically" monitored or investigated by CPS, as PPD is a very common side effect of giving birth since all of the pregnancy hormones have abruptly depleted!
So again I don't understand the circumstances behind this, and therefore could not advise you as to whether or not you are allowed to leave the state! However, I would advise you to contact an attorney if you feel the involvement of the CPS is unwarranted!
I will pray for you and your new little one! Remember...children are gift from the Lord! :)
Sincerely,
Marlene
Hello and welcome!

For starters, if you're in the middle of a CYS investigation, you need to stay put and do what you need to do.  Picking up and moving out of state is the last thing that should be on your mind right now.

PPD can be VERY serious.  It usually requires treatment.  Have you had problems with depression before?  Is this your first child?  Are you being treated for the PPD?   If not, you should be.  Please don't shrug it off, or wait for it to go away on its own, get yourself some help, talk to your doctor.

As for the CYS, I agree with the above poster that simply having PPD isn't enough to warrant a CYS investigation.  There's got to be more to the story.  Please take care of yourself, address the depression, and be 100% compliant with the CYS investigation.  They will make recommendations and put into place certain requirements if they feel your children are either in some kind of danger, or are being neglected.  Again, I cannot stress it enough that you need to stay put and deal with what's going on.  Once that investigation is closed, you can certainly look to relocate.  You can start looking for jobs in other places now, from where you are.  

Hope you come back to elaborate a bit more, so we can give you more specific advice.  Take care, and congrats on the baby!
Why do the authorities want to take your baby away from you?  
What happened that the CPS has become involved? I hope you are all ok and safe.
mhv commented on photo
KeeLolo commented on photo
Sheaby commented on photo
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time