Depression Community
combination of drugs I am prescribed for depression

A community of people suffering from Depression to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, counseling, and other management.

Rather than discuss the merits of this treatment over SSRI's and such, please, answer my question as is :)

This might seem like it's been discussed before, but it's nowhere on the web.  My question is concerning MODAFINIL, GRAPEFRUIT JUICE, and DIAZEPAM or ALPRAZOLAM.  

I read that grapefruit juice is a CYP450 inhibitor, modafinil is an INDUCER, and diazepam is a substrate.  

What happens if you combine all three?  What about just grapefuit and modafinil?

I read that it INCREASES the blood concentration and thus effectiveness of modafinil, but it's not a substrate, so wouldn't it decrease or do nothing to it?  I know (please confirm) that diazepam has increased effectiveness when WHITE grapefruit juice is imbibed prior to oral consumption of diazepam.  

Is this true with alprazolam too?  Also, what about alprazolam and modafinil and no grapefruit.  I'm guessing that since they say modafinil is an inducer and diazepam is a substrate, then MODAFINIL DECREASES the effects of DIAZEPAM.  The web says contrary.  

What is the REAL answer.  I keep finding all these contradictions.  Thanks SO much for your time and help!
Irisbritney worry worry worry, that is ... Comment
What depression is to me.
5 hrs ago by JustHelp123
JustHelp123 writing the elements of my ... Comment
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time