Depression Community
coming off effexor

Join others suffering from Depression. Turn to them for guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

coming off effexor

I have been on effexor xr for 1 year and am trying to come off. I am weaning myself slowly but have terrible headaches and dizziness. How long does this last. I can handle if if I know how long it will take.
i was on it for 5 years and weaned off it. it took me several weeks to get over the withdrawals but it might be faster for you. hang in there, is does get better. take care. remar
I am going to cut back on 2 of my meds cymbalta and trazadone and I know I will have problems but, I am having problems anyway so I don't feel I have anything to lose hopefully I will feel better---Ilgy
Hey good luck effexor is one of the worst to try and get off. Depending how high your dose is tapper off really really slowly it took me 2 mths cos the withdrawls were horrendous. Hang in there if you have any questions please ask me i was on 450mg of effexor at one stage then when i finally weened off effexor, after vowing never to take effexor again i was put on zoloft but after 12 mths i got severly depressed i was put back on effexor. I have a few different ways you can tapper off if your interested. My doc told me how to and i tried his way then realised i ain't listening to him cos he has never taken it before he just going on what the drug company says and they are trying to make money so they won't say it is ******* hell to get off effexor. sorry if i making you stress over it I honestly know what your feeling. Depending on how long you want to take to ween off and whether your starting another medication depends on how long the withdrawls last. Hang in there though and I am here if you need anything you will feel better make sure you get your liver checked effexoris known to irritate the liver it has iritated mine but it's the most effective antidepressant for me.
Thinking of you x ings81x
christineyvette Derealization is the WORST Comment
Jesus what have i done
14 hrs ago by dragrat
Moejordan commented on HIV Risk In Perspecti...
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time