Depression Community
crying alot

This patient support community is for discussions relating to depression, counseling, sleep problems, and nutrition.

crying alot

I have been through so much in my life, and it is like it has all hit the fan or something at once. I have the cries alot. I went to my family doctor and just broke down.....twice, her response is "you have a lot on your plate". Yes I do. She has set up an appointment for me to see some mind doctor now, whom I'm sure will listen and then throw a med. prescription my way. I am already on nerve med. Why do I cry a lot? I just feel so so so ........done!
Tags: Crying
Therapy can be very successful. I mean it doesn't means you will end up having prescriptions. On the other hand some people tend to succeed very well on medications. It can take a trial and error process but it tends to end up to be successful in most case.

What do you mean by nerve med? A benzo? Pregabalin? Gabapentin? Maybe duloxetine (Cymbalta)?

Benzodiaepines can induce depression as it could also be stressful events or other physical or psychological factors.

M4
I truly understand how it feels to just loose it (cry) all the time! That used to be my life, until several things happened. First, I decided that I would give meds a try, actually I was starving myself to death because I had no appitite anymore; and lost a whopping 42 pounds in less than 3 months! So believe me when I say, sometimes it's just good to go with the meds. However, I did not have to stay on them long because, I took advantage of my "new clear mind", and started changing things in my life. I got a new job, and later turned my hobby of photography, into a job, started exercizing more, spending more valuble time with loved ones, started writing more, and later got married on what seemed like a whim to everyone else; and that was 13 years ago! And we have a wonderful son who is almost 11 now. So you see, if I hadn't agreed to take the meds, (paxil, xanix) I am not even sure I would be here today. -----Okay having said that, it doesn't mean, as M4YOU so correctly said; that you will nessasaraly have to go on meds. Sometimes, hashing things out with a perfect, and impratial stranger is exactly w/ the doctor ordered. Because it can cause us to look at things in a way perhaps we hadn't before. And therefore, present us w/new solutions. And even if you do, it doesn't mean, there'll never be another sad day. But what it could very REALISTICALLY mean, is that your "new" sad days, would be much less painful, and much more managable. Listen, my older sister lost her only daughter to murder, and she left behind a 41/2 yr.old son, and a 4 mo. old son that my sister, and brother-n-law are raising. As you can imagine, to say that she has been depressed is a huge understatment. Well, it took her finding a new doctor that would put her on something new, before things changed. But I can happily say, that after 6 years, she is a new person. And it only took 2 weeks! She has energy, joy, and even a playfulness that I have not seen since her daughter died. So, please don't feel as though you are done, because more often than not, it is just a chemical inbalance; which is very treatable, and was the largest part of my problem. To add just one final thought, please try to think of anything possitive, even if it is your pet greeting you, or that you love the way your garden looks. Or, even the obvious like, you're breathing, you have love ones, or that God loves you. I don't know if you believe in God or not, but He is very real, and loves you greatly.
And you have a whole host of people here, who care that you get better soon, you just heard from two. Sorry if I rambled too much, but as you might imagine, it is a subject that is very important to me. I HOPE EVERYTHING WORKS OUT PERFECT FOR YOU!!   :O)    If you ever need to talk, please feel free to email me.
I love my therapist!  I have depression and anxiety and am on medication for both but it wasn't my therapist who prescribed them.  It was my family doctor.  Sometimes life gets really hard and there's no sense in not going to someone for help.  What I like about therapy is that I have someone that listens to me that isn't emotionally involved or disturbed by my crazy problems.  She's trained, she doesn't tell me I'm just being weak, and she gives me good advice on how to mange stress.  She helps me find the good things that are going on around me and I find I am better able to be happy.  There's nothing to be ashamed about having depression.  It's just a physical imbalance that a therapist can help put right.  Give it a try.  I bet you'll like it.
MightyNole commented on New GMO
Stephanyeu commented on New GMO
TinaR10 commented on photo