Depression Community
crying

Join others suffering from Depression. Turn to them for guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

crying

I get into crying fits where I can't stop. They'll last for 45min to an hour. I usually end up crawled up on the bathroom floor or on the couch with the dog. I don't know how to calm myself down during these fits. How do you get yourself to calm down?
Tags: Crying
Hello and welcome to the forum,

Do you think it is depression or anxiety.  IT sounds more like anxiety.  Perhaps a panic attack.  I saw that you have tried xanax.  What mg did they have you on and how many times a day did you take it?
hi ellie..in all honesty..your not alone feeling the way you do....all of us at some stage feel lost also..., it truely is just lifes twists and turns and one day your up..the next your down...trust me your not alone...keep posting and know that you truely are not on your own....im ere on medhelp...coz i too feel like you do...but the support on here is second to none...,if you want to talk il be here...with best wishes
In moments like these you just need to slooooow things down. Put yourself back in the moment, concentrate on your breathing. Breathe slow and deep and ask yourself why you are crying. Rationalize and think realistically, don't let your mind go on a wild goose Chase into the past or into negative self talk.

Also talk before things get this bad. Crying is one of our most basic emotional outlets and its perfectly fine, but if you're finding yourself distressed or overwhelmed try to put these things into practice. They are simple steps, but sometimes the simplest things are the hardest to implement!
Counselling is also something to think about.

All the best, keep in touch if you like!
KTowne, and Belle313 commented on Belle313's status
gymdandee commented on Gun Disarm Technique...
KTowne 11 more days until we find ... Comment
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time