depression after baby
I went to the dr and told them that I've been feeling down, like I'm an unfit mother, and like I can't do it, and sometimes I don't want to do it. 9 times out of 10 I'm crying. Over dumb stuff I know, I've been diagnosed with depression when I was younger, and I didn't take meds because I felt like it was something I could deal with. I know I can deal with this because I am happy, but sometimes I just get so down and sad. It kind of hurt that the dr basically told me there was nothing wrong with me. I'm not positive that I am depressed. But I see no reason for me to be sad. My baby is wonderful, and so is my husband. It just makes me wonder what's wrong with me? Why am I feeling so 'blah' all the time? It it normal to feel like this 3 months after the baby?
Yes, you may very well have post partum depression.  But since you suffered with depression in the past, it may have returned with all the pressures of being a new mommy can bring.  When you feel sad, blah, crying and not intersted in things you normally would be, it is usually depression. What is of concern is that you sometimes don't want to care for the baby, which would indicate Post Partum Depression.  We often don't know why we're depressed, and see no reason to be, but still we are.  This is why therapy is very important, depression always has a root cause and thru therapy you can find out what that is for you.  Once you learn what it is, you can deal with it and move on, sometimes without medication.  Medication may be needed until you accomplish this.  Some things are just too much for us to handle on our own.  Normally depression is caused by something traumatic that happened to you as a child, which you chose to forget about.  But it remains in us and will make us deal with it by showing up as depression and/or anxiety.  See a psychiatrist so that you can get your life back and enjoy your life and new baby.  You needn't feel this way with all the help there is for you. We do want to be strong and deal with things on our own, but some things are just too big for us to handle alone.  Take your life back and get help.  We have all dealt and are still dealing with depression, so we understand, and are always here to support you.  Take care...
There's nothing wrong with you, in the sense that what you are experiencing is very normal I think.
New babies equal tiredness, hormones out of control, and life out of control.

I don't agree that there is always a root cause to depression, but especially if you can not see a reason to be sad, but are, then that can make you feel even worse. Also, there is a new theory that perhaps it's post traumatic stress rather than depression, if your baby's birth was traumatic. But whatever the reason, even if there isn't one, if it's debilitating, if it's stopping you from enjoying your baby and your life, you need some kind of support.

I had depression previously diagnosed, but had been fine for about three years. After my first baby was born, just one thing I used to do, was drive around the neighborhood looking for a doorstep on which to leave my brand new baby. That is not healthy, that is not "normal" - that is a mother requiring help. Please don't leave it, and miss out on enjoying your baby. You can't get that time back again.