depression and poor metabolism
Hi all would just like a little advice really. I have a 30 year history of recurrent depression, and it has been treated over the years with various medicines, with really good response at times. In the last year started with seizures, which turned out 2 be due 2 poor metabolism. Also, hypothyroid in the last year. I know about hypothyroid and depression, my tablets for depression had 2 be stopped due to fits. In november was started on prozac 4mg(very low dose) to see if could tolerate it. 2 weeks later was in major anxiety state had to stop it.

I am now very distressed and waiting to hear from specialist, and I dont no what to do.There does not seem to be an answer, and the tears alone (without the distress) are making me feel crackers. Any1 any thoughts? please
Are you working with an Endocrinologist for the hypothyroidism? It can take a lot of tweaking with your meds to get the thyroid at the right levels. Is your Dr doing blood work on a regular basis to see what your levels are? And not just checking TSH, but also FT3, FT4 and antibodies.