depression and weight gain
Does wellbutrin cause weight gain and is it as effective as prozac for depression
Wellbutrin is one of the more stimulating antidepressants so some people lose weight while they're on it.
We all respond differently to these meds so it's hard to say which one you'll do best on. Do you also have anxiety along with depression?  
A lot of anti-depressants cause weight gain, but affect people differently.  Some people gain on one, which other people lose on, so difficult to say really.  Just have to try, and see how you go.

Persoonally Prozac was the worse anti-depressant I ever tried, and I am on Effexor, but it does cause weight gain.

Hope you find the right one for you.  Talk to a doctor about it.
Wellbutrin normally has the opposite affect.  Some antidepressants do cause weight gain, but often we can be emotional eaters due to depression and be eating more than we realize.  I tried for years to blame my weight problem on my antidepressant because I thought I wasn't over-eating. I also take Propanolol which is very well known for causing weight gain. Finally, I realized it was not how much I was eating, but "what" I was eating.  I lost 50 pounds after learning to eat healthier. I did this while on Celexa and Propanolol, and have kept if off for two years. But we're all different, talk to your doctor about it, and go from there.  Take care...
Wellbutrin xl did not make me gain weight. I was on 300 mg.