Depression Community
does Pristiq work? anyone try it?

Join others suffering from Depression. Turn to them for guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

does Pristiq work? anyone try it?

I was prescribed Pristiq but i found out it was going to cost be around 140.00 for the prescription. I wanted to know if it was worth paying this much for?
You really won't know until you've been on it awhile.  But I feel there are othe less expensive meds that are just as effective.  Paying more for an antidepressant doesn't mean it is a better medication for you, and that's a lot of money!
I have been taking Pristiq for about two weeks. I have energy, I left my house the other morning, and I actually laugh  and kid like a real person.  In the morning I still can cry so I'm not stoned or anything from it.  Some people say they can't sleep. I take Advil pm. or no brand sleep aids. (cheap). So I don't know about that.  Right now there is no generic. But I think its worth a try.  I've tried so many different ones. So far for me that is the best.
Although everyone reacts differently to a particular medication, my experience with Pristiq is that it was no different from the Effexor XR I had been taking.  I'm now back on Effexor XR.  The two medications are almost identical.  You do need to give it about four weeks before you make an assessment about its effectiveness.  Good luck.
I used to take Pristiq. I took it for about 7 months at 100Mgs a day.

It worked ok at best. I found that Effexor XR at 300Mgs a day was much more effective.

I'm on at tricyclic now because it works better.

I will warn you, when and if you get off pristiq the withdrawl (withdrawal) is pure Hell on earth. It makes getting off Effexor look like a joy ride in the park.

Took 8 weeks for the withdrawl (withdrawal) symptoms to go away. Very powerful.
KTowne, and Belle313 commented on Belle313's status
KTowne 5 more sleeps!!! :):) Comment
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time