Depression Community
does adding abilify with antidepressents help?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to depression, counseling, sleep problems, and nutrition.

I am on zoloft which does not help with my anxiety, does adding abilify help with the anxiety and the depression?
Some say it does. I took Abilify for 5 months but honestly it did no more for me than Pez candy
I have been on Abilify for about 3 months now, and it is currently the only medication I am on. It has worked wonders for my anxiety, and has helped somewhat with my depression.

I can now socialize with ease whereas before I just had too much anxiety to deal with any social situations. Abilify has definitely made me more easygoing.
There you go. That a good positive report about Abilify.
These drugs are really weird like that. They work for one person and not another.

It kind of like "pick a card any card" and I honestly don't think the doctors even know what will work until they try it on a patient.

Maybe one day science will make an antidepressant that works for everyone.
Many patients are coming into the ofiice asking for this drug after seeing the  TV ads about it.

Abilify has its role, but it also carries the risk of some rather troublesome side effects.

If your psychiatrist recommends it for you, it might be worth a try, but please be sure that he/she discusses all of the potential risks and benefits, as well as other treatment options.

Best of luck...
i take abilify with my zoloft for schizophrenia
Yea, Abilify is actually just another anti-psycholtic medication, but it is marketed in a much different way.

Abilify has been marketed in a very agressive way. So has Pristiq and Cymbalta. All drugs that I have found not to work for me.
guru6464 joined this community
Welcome them!
1 hr ago
KTowne commented on photo
KTowne commented on photo