does anyone no anything about risperdal the medication
does anyone no anything about risperdal ive been feeling extreme disconections at times having pressure at the top of my head loss of emotions and feelings like im just in nothyingness also a weird feeling that my energy is out of my body an im not firmly in my body i find it hard to connect with people an feel there presence i mostly just feel generally weak im taking 3 to 4 mg and im alot of the time feeling uncomfortable from the out of body feeling and not feeling my feelings can anybody help
ReVeRs,

As far as I know, risperdal is a mood suppressant and mostly used for anxiety.  I am also on it and yes, it does tend to make you feel that way to begin with.  

I think the reason for that, is that you have to get used to your emotions being a little bit more subtle (Which, if I am not mistaken, is the whole point of the exercise).

Give it a little time and see if you get a bit more used to it.  You will most likely find that the disconnected feeling is just your current perception due to the elevated moods that you are used to.
yer ive been taking it for a year now and ive shorly got used to it can it cause sum of those other symptoms that i have explained and its just not suttle emotions its like feeling nothyn at all so things just feel pointless but sumtimes i feel good and feel my feelings a bit but thats very rare also can risperdal make u lose alot of pleasure in ur sex life and and if u dont need it can it mess with ur head keep in touch
JoSh......................
I had commented on your note, I didn't realize that you had been on it for so long. My comment is kind of void! My side effects were just at start up of the drug! Good luck, I truly hope things get better.
Risperdal is a generally tolerable medication but can cause some cognitive blunting like all current antipsychotics and a slight drop in blood pressure. Usually those effects mitigate over time. If this has continued to be a problem speak to your psychiatrist and ask them exactly what's going on and then perhaps they could adjust things so you feel better.
D30
I have found it to cause extreme fatigue. I am taking 4mg at night and just got put back down to 2mg due to some side effects. I also notice a motor like flying by in my head when I turn my head a certain way.