Depression Community
dont know what to do anymore

This patient support community is for discussions relating to depression, counseling, sleep problems, and nutrition.

dont know what to do anymore

I have been depressed my whole 39 years of life, now with hypothyroidism its becoming worse...  all i do is cry... my mood swings drive me and my family crazy too.  i have gained alot of weight and am more tired than ever. the anxiety bites and i just dont care anymore.  i am soooo tired of fighting this.  i had panic disorder for years and bouts with agoraphobia and now thyroid probs,  i have not yet expierenced good quality life yet.. oh yeah i was molested my whole childhood by family members..  i have been beaten, choked, and emotionally taken down.... how much more can one person take? i try to be strong but im too tired now... what can i do?
Hi, are you on any medication, or seeing a professional for this?  Your life has been hell, but there is a lot of help for you.  I would see a psychiatrist about all this, he can help you cope with all that's happened to you, and teach you how to deal with it, he may even suggest medication.  But there is no need to have to suffer like this.  You have every symptom of depression but only a professional can diagnose this.  I too, suffer with depression and hypothyroidism, the medications have helped me so much.  Please see someone and start living your life happily like you deserve.  I can relate to feeling like you cannot handle it any more, but you can and must.  You owe this to yourself and all who love and need you to fight for this life.  It can be and will get better, but you need help.  There are many here who can relate to what you're dealing with, so know you're not alone. We are always here to share our experiences and support you.  Take care.
...yes, and also, ck out the THYROID Forum on MedHelp.
I stopped there just yesterday and there are some great posters there with tons of ideas on dealing w/ thyroid desease issues.
I am so sorry to hear about your circumstance. What horrible things to experience! Do you see a doctor or a therapist? It sounds as though you may be suffering from PTSD among other things. There is medication and therapy available for this. You have lived long enough with the depression- its time to find a treatment plan to get you out of this! I would recommend getting a pdoc and a therapist to help you with a treatment plan. And please remember- what does not kill you - will only make you stronger.
thanks, i already am in the thyroid forum..  as for a psych doc, i had one and she said i didn't need her ,that it was all my thyroid... she did give me celexa to take but it doesn't seem to help with my emotions.. im sure my thyroid does play a big part but i still need someone to talk to...
I would really get on your doctor about getting this thyroid managed properly and making sure your levels are checked freq.  Also, if you feel like hte psychiatrist is not helping, get a NEW one!  Youhave that right. I suffer from depression myself and it's really tough!
This is awful im sorry to read. Im not sure if you experience feelings of detachment or derealisation too? I do, and im on the forum dpself help. I see so many people that have had experiences exactly like yours. There is also a wealth of knowledge on there with a whole section for remedies for these kind of symptoms. Its also great to know youre not alone because feeling so ill does make one feel very isolated.
I have under active thyroid too, when they check your thyroid they need to test not just TSH but also T3 and T4 they all work together and T3 converts the thyroxine in your body. It's finding a Dr who will find the correct balance for you we are all individual, you
might need some T3 to convert the thyroxine, I too have suffered depression with my
thyroid but am trying to help myself with joining the gym, I am still on dolsulipin and have come off effexor.
You are definately a survivor not a victim, and please remember none of the abuse was your fault you were only a child. Have you dealt properly with your abuse, would it help
to have some counselling, or inner child work. Louise Hay say's that if we have some
emotional blockage it comes out as a physical complaint.
take care
Love
Lorraine xx
littlebit667 Very sad..lost my Luna (chi... Comment
1 min ago
TinaR10 commented on TinaR10's status
27 mins ago
rana64 I went to the root of thing... Comment