Depression Community
drug induced depression

This patient support community is for discussions relating to depression, counseling, sleep problems, and nutrition.

drug induced depression

I have suffered depression anxiety and panic attacks all my adult life.Three years ago a friend of mine slipped me an ecstasy pill wrapped in some chewing gum at a night club,i have never taken drugs in my life.To cut a long stort short it was a nightmare i had a severe panic attack become confused and later chronicaly depressed.The last three years have been absolute torture,it triggered off all my pre exsisting mental problems,but only a hundred times worse,words can not descibe the hell i am now living,chronic agrophobia,chronic depression,depersonalization,chronic anxiety,cant sleep,hear voices,constant negative and worrying thoughts,panic attacks three to four times a day,its vertually impossible to go out side,can not go to supermarkets or shopping centres.suffer chronic OCD,i am becoming more and more isolated and my condition is getting worse.I have been prescribed every medication you can name but nothing works,the majority causes severe side affects and i have know choice but to give up.Do you think the pill i was given by a so called friend,has given me brain damage,or has it just triggered of old symptoms.If it is brain damage i dont think its worth battling on.whats your oppinion.    
I don't know if saying sorry is appropriate here but its how I feel.  Unfortunately, ecstasy is known to cause psychosis in relatively normal people.  Its lethal for someone who has a pre-disposition to it.  I took ecstasy at the end of my addiction and I am sure it caused more problems than I had anticipated. Its not completely fatal though.  While I am sure you have had minimal organic brain damage, you don't have to fight it or give up on it.  You need to treat it.  Have you told your doctor what happened to you?  If that person doesn't think its an issue, then find an addiction psych doctor.  They tend to know more about the effects synthetic drugs have on the brain.  And you don't have to be an addict to be treated by them.  It could take a year or more to recover from that one dose so be patient.  Keep me posted.
http://www.schizophrenia.com/
HEY,
  DO YOU BELIEVE IN GOD?
NO JUDGEMENT JUST ASKING
TinaR10 commented on Grace358's status
Pat1956100, and 10356 commented on Pat1956100's status
KTowne commented on Des_a_rae's status