Depression Community
effexor to prozac

Join others suffering from Depression. Turn to them for guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

effexor to prozac

Anyone had good results from switching from effexor (venlafaxine) to fluoxetine (prozac).any good story's will help thanks fellow med help members
  • Help Now Please (8 replies):
    I am coming off Effexor XR. Just took my last does of 3...[more]
  • Help me (1 replies):
    I am weaning off Effexor and quit after one wk at 37.5mg...[more]
  • 2nd Post- HELP (3 replies):
    I am so sick. Is it common to have panic attack while c...[more]
  • effexor xr (3 replies):
    I am trying to come off my meds (wellbutrin xl 150 and e...[more]
  • whats what (2 replies):
I havent switched ti prozac but I'll tell you what the worst withdrawls I have ever had was with effexor!  Good Luck and Be careful.
Julie
how long was you on effexor and what dose? how long did your withdrawls last for until u felt better? what withdrawls symptoms did you have? did you not switch to sumthing else or just cime off effexor?Jessica x
Hi I think it's easier if you go straight onto another AD, especially an SSRI but Effexor is a complex med I think, some people love it, some people hate it!
The best advice I have is, don't suffer in silence, go back to the doctor and get advice! Some doc's will consider short term meds for sleep if necessary, when I swap meds, I find that iit usually effects my sleep, appetite and I can get agitated, but these meds are meant to help us so if you feel really rough go back to the doc!
Good Luck
hi
do u think that the prozac (snri) may not help or even not work as it's an snri and not a ssri like the effexor. what is the best ssri to have a try if the effexor didn't work for me. why would my doctor swtich me from an ssri to an snri if he knows it may not help with my anxiety. iv never been depressed just had a panic attack in 2008 which caused me to have sleep problems.and thats when i was put on an anti depressant which sum people think they shouldn't have done. i was on it for a while then came off and now had another panic attack and went bk on the effexor which helped for 6 weeks then seemed to stop working for me so thats why my doctor put me on prozac i picked up being on both effexor and prozac then weened off effexor over 2 weeks as told to by my doctor and been off them 22 days today.is the effexor out of my system yet and should the prozac start to work now as i feel tired all the time and don't feel refreshed after a 7/8 hours sleep. i'm not using any sleep aids now but i was when i felt the effexor wasn't helping with my sleep and had mirtazipine to knock me out at night but never felt refreshed of them and was worse the next day.
clean_in_ks commented on photo
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
meegWpaw commented on photo
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time