feeling down all the time
where to begin?
I smoked weed for approx 6 years now, im 20 so since 13/14ish
i wouldnt say heavily until the past 3 yrs, then v heavy for the past 2
and ive quit as of one month now

i spend a hella lot of time at my pc outside college (communicating with hundreds of people via messenger, social networks and video games)
maybe its the food im eating, i rarely eat good food, mainly pizzas, burgers, chocolate etc. very quick and easy food, im not fat though i have a good body suprisingly though i rarely excercise and dont do much physically, being a geek and all lol
i cant wake up at all, my sleep pattern is always shifting so i never have a good run of sleep as im up for like 2 days at a time sometimes very reguarly so sleep wise im facked lol

however this is it...

basically i feel empty and its not that i have problems with emotions, its like i overthink as though my brain feels supercharged all the time to the point of unbelievable proportions, an example would be im working on something yet at the same time im taking in a hundred thigns around me, i cant stop sometimes when i realise im taking everything in its like even more starts filling my mind and on and on, its quite bizzare and as such my social interaction suffers immensley

its not that i have problems socially either, im liked by my fellow classmates and i enjoy speaking to people ive never met before, however the problem stems when i know someone, its like i lose my ability to communicate and share and express feelings with them.

Its essentially that my communication skills are just dead in the water sometimes, im a pretty humourous person as well or at least i used to be, its like ive laughed out all my humour, i rarely laugh or can quickly be off the bat on a joke or do anything socially as well as i used to, its as though its getting worse as well.

i think ive included everything i think can give any insight to why i feel emotionless depressed and dead all the time - any suggestions, ideas, thoughts???
fisrt you gotta stop smokin the weed. and then   start eating healthy.   6 small meals a day lts of frruits and veggies lean protiens. No sugar,caffiene as this aggravates what you are going through. then try brisk walk for 30 mins to raise your seritonin level. this is a start.  you have to take good care of yourself and your bdoy will begin to heal you might also  get into therapy or counseling to give you the tools  you need to deal with your situation. get outside  and enjjoy. Life is too short and you are too young  to go through this.
love Venora
Well Im glad to see you've stopped smoking pot,,, but its my understanding that when you begin smoking cannibis at a very younge age like you did, it can cause problems with brain chemistry of the developing mind. Since your in college and such it clearly hasnt had a huge impact on your ability to think and reason,, but by your comments it does seem to have effected your feelings and emotions.

Really, it sounds like you know what the problem is... you need to get grounded friend. You need to get away from the computer as much as possible, get some sunshine on your skin to prevent cancer if nothing else (vitamin D is a proven cancer preventative in small doses) and eat a healthier diet. Once you bring the balance back into your life, I think you'll probably feel alot better. If not ,, THEN Id look into meds to balance things out if you feel you need them,,, but the biggest thing is getting yourself back to being a 'real' person instead of an avatar on the internet.

*With much respect and love* Jennifer
well it sounds like you are living the atypical college lifestyle that many students are doing. you should think about joining more clubs and exercising in a group to get you away from all those temptations. smoking weed gets old and your body is telling you it time to give it up. could it be time to find a girlfriend?  
You really have to stop the weed. I am not going to tell you horror stories, because some people seem to smoke it and get along. It appoears that genetically speaking sensitivity to the substances in the weed vary greatly. And there is no doubt that amongst the genetically susceptable, brain damage can take place. There is no screen for those genetically at higher risk. I am reminded of a friend who died in his nineties after being hit by a car who smoked two packs a day every day of his life. And he breathed normally. Go figure. But the people who have advided you to get a proper diet and good nutrition are right on the money. Great advice. We are all born with what I call "the package". Some people can never experience love. Or they respond in appropriately to verbal or visual cues by others. We have to deal with the hand that is dealt. Get a copy of the old book "How tob Win Friends and Influence People". The advice is a half century old, but still holds. And don't be depressed. Yesterday I was at the hospital for treatment sitting next to someone with a disecting aortic aneurysm who was told he might die that night under the knife. He was asking me what he should say to his children.  It sort of put my own problems in proper perspective. The moving finger writes, and having writ mioves on. Go on the internet and google "Marcus Aurelius:" and "Meditations". Good luck.