Depression Community
happy holidays

This patient support community is for discussions relating to depression, counseling, sleep problems, and nutrition.

happy holidays

mandy876  i thought i would check in and see if you all were ok.  i dont like the holidays.  my dad died in december his birthday was 12/12/12.  im having a rough time.  losing more weight and cant get my nerves under control.  i guess i will be home alone thanksgiving.  my niece has to work thursday and friday.  for black friday.  she is dreading it. i will get me a turkey dinner. yummy.  yuch.  i was invited to go be with mt other niece but everything is so messed up if i go i will hurt someone and if i dont go i will hurt someone.  i have to make the right choice.  anyone know how to get rid of a bad headache cant take aspirin.  the hydrocodon does not help  my head.  helps my  back and legs.  hope you all can be with your family and have a lot of fun.  give some one a hug for me.  i have missed you all. i feel so much weaker cantt get my appetite back.  write to you soon.  gloria876
The holidays can be a very stressful time for many of us. I'm kind of dreading today too because my family is messed up. If it were up to me, we would'nt even be having dinner. I try to be thankful every single day for what I do have. Today just makes things so stressful with all the cooking, cleaning, family members mad at each other. Anyway, I do hope we all get through the holidays. Try to hang in there, okay.
First of all Im sorry about losing your Dad. I know how hard that is.

Ever since I lost mine the Holidays have always been hard for me. Also theres other things about it that can make it stressful. So I understand how sometimes Holidays are depressing. It is for me as well.

Hope that you feel better soon. Im sure like me you probably wish the Holidays were all over with and done with. Well one down. Another to go. Wishing us all the streanth to get through it when its hard.
There are two things you can try for headache which does not involve pills.  Worth trying. Sea bands which you wear on wrists can help with headaches.

Another is acupressure anti headache band.  This is worn on the hand and a button presses on an acupressure spot below your thumb.  This is based on acupressure on certain places alleviating pain in the body.  No drugs, no side effects.

Take care, and remember to eat well and not lose any more weight.
Glad you're still checking in from time to time, hon.  I hope that your privacy has been respected, and no one continues to try to look at your private stuff.

Holidays ARE difficult for a lot of people.  Especially when there's turmoil in a family, you are reminded of that, with all of the commercials, and music, it can be overwhelming for sure.  It also makes us miss our loved ones who have passed.

Maybe after the holidays are over, you can get back to your doctor and therapist and start working to get your depression and anxiety back to a manageable level.  

The one thing you need to work on with a therapist is your self esteem, and all of these feelings of guilt you have.  You always think everything is your fault.  For instance, your family issues....there have been wrongs committed on BOTH sides, and while I'm sure you have played some kind of role, YOU are not responsible for everything.

It would give you some peace if you started working to mend some of those relationships.  Like, the invite you got from your niece, that was a GOOD thing!  You have said in the past, your family excluded you from a lot.  Her inviting you was extending an olive branch.  I think it would be helpful, instead of staying home, worried you would somehow "hurt" people,
that you just go, and enjoy yourself.  There doesn't have to be deep conversations, as the holidays aren't the time to hash that kind of stuff out anyway.  You go, you make small talk, show interest in their lives, their families, that kind of thing.  If you continue to decline invitations, eventually, they'll stop coming.  I've been there with my in-laws.

Please keep in touch, we really do care about you, hon.  I wish you peace during the holidays, and hope that you can start trying to turn that negative thinking around.  It's not an easy thing to do, for sure, but you'll be so much happier and content.

Take care.  XOXO
KTowne commented on Moma_Cher's status
Heather8448 Merry Christmas to all Comment
10356 commented on dominosarah's status