Depression Community
has anyone been on celexa for depression

A community of people suffering from Depression to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, counseling, and other management.

i am looking into researching celexa for my depression. i am on wellbutrin sr and it isnt doing anything for me

i have an eating disorder and am very concerned about the weight gain or increased appetite part of any medications. does this have an affect on anyone? please be honest.
We're all different when it comes to what medications work best for each of us.  Where one has had great results from Celexa...another has not.  Are you in therapy for your eating disorder?  If not, it's a good place to start. The only way you will know what will work best for you is by trying it.  But since you have the eating disorder there may be some that would work better for you, see a psychiatrist as this is his specialty and he would be the most knowlegeable when it comes to what will best fit your needs. Wishing you all the best!
I agree with everything Mammo said. I'm kind of surprised your Dr had you on Wellbutrin because it can be one of the more stimulating meds. In my opinion, it's just not a great med to be on if you have an eating disorder.  Many people do well on Celexa. All you can do is give it a try and if it does'nt help, try something else. Lets keep our fingers crossed that it does help though.
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time