headache. right side neck pain. help plz.
Hi! i am a 25 year old female with three kids. I'm pretty much healthy and have not had any medical history besides anxieties, oh and i was recently diagnosed with high grade dysplasia my LEEP procedure is tomorrow morning.. Pretty much it. I also tend to act like a hypochodriac sad to say. Anyhow, The reason for this post is cause for the past two weeks off and on i have been experincing a pulsing headache on one side of my head. During the first week it started, it started off a little unbarable so i would take extra strength exedrin and it didn't really help much i guess cause it was 200 mg. So i found that it felt really better when i let my boyfriend massage it. Now on to the second week, it got better just that i started feeling it on my right side of my neck near the spinala cord. But the pain wasn't that bad so i would just take extra strength tylenol and it would somewhat help. Now the thing that im really focused on and concerned about is that on saturday not righ when i woke up but two hours later after i woke up and after i showered i went to lay down and the pain on my right side of my head was hurting like a 4 or a 5 on a scale from 1-10. I was fine, i could walk, talk, i wasn't nauseous but it just hurted. This time it was a throbbing pain and i notice that everytime i would bite down on my teeth hard it i could feel the pain more and i felt it like in my sinus area and my neck. The pain lasted off and on throughout the day. Now over the past days its's gotten better and ijust take extra strength tylenol or motrin. I just would like some advice on what could possibly be the problem. Is it just some kind of headache. like a migrain or tension or unless it's part of anxiety? I', worried and all i could possibly think are negative things like, brain tumor, meningitis etc. Not to sound crazy but that i always think the worst of things. I also wanted to mention that yesturday i kept waking up 4 times in the middle of the night with the worst anxiety feelings ever so i eneded up the emergencyroom but went home fine and i was prescribed xanax. Yes i have been really stresed out here and there and alot on my mind. So i think this is where anxiety plays it's part. But all the headache crap, it's worrying me. I just hope it's nothing serious or life-threatening. Please don't mind me for acting parinoid. I just need some good advice. Thanks.
Many of us that have anxiety also have headaches. It sounds like a tension headache. Or, it could be that your neck is out of alignment, or, TMJ. Do you grind your teeth at night? Maybe that's why they were hurting. If your went to the ER they must have checked you out and found nothing physically wrong. How is the pain since starting Xanax?
I know when I am deeply depressed I get all sorts of physical pain.  I just know it is part and parcel of being depressed.  Have you been to doctor about headache?  Anxiety does give one headaches.  Please don't worry, because the more you do, the worse the pain will become.  Only a doctor can diagnose if there is a problem.

I do hope you feel better soon .  Take care and let us know how you are.