Depression Community
i have a major problem with my social security for depression Please HE...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to depression, counseling, sleep problems, and nutrition.

i have a major problem with my social security for depression Please HELP

HELLO, Im up for my social security disability hearing on november 3rd.. Ive been waiting for this for 4 years , and my attorneys are like you have a slam dunk case. I have depression, borderline personality disorder, severe panick atttacks, schitzo manifestation , ptsd and socialized anziety .. God thats so bad.. anyway I just had a baby, Im living with my parents and the hearing where they say 98 oercent of people get approved is finally here.. Im loooking at abt 20 thousnad in back pay and d1100 a month. Well a bit of bad news came in today... about 4 years ago I was on probation for a misdemenaor charge, I paid the monthly fines but my probation officer did not tell me it wpould continue, so it went to the county collections and 6 months later I get this bill for 2000 dollars at 14 percent interest rate, saying I could possibly have a lein on any future assets. Well a friend told me that her newphew was on disability got arrested and never paid his fine and they stopped his disability but it was a felony.and she doesnt know if he got it back or not (shes looking into that by next week, when I see her). Can they really not approve me for this fine I owe, thts now at a a 3frd party collections, how can I pay it when Im disabled. How is this possible. How can they denie you your right as a tax payer who became disabled and cant work over a bill with a lein. How will i ever get it paid if they denie me. Please if anyone knows about this or better yet who can I ask I would appreciate it, my attorney is waiting for the letter to see what it exactly says, but she said it doesnt sound right but she didnt want to say much until she read letter. Please only write back if you know not if you guess cause Im so confused and Im so depressed about this , it was going to save my life and I just dont understand how they can do this to someone who cant work. Thank you for your time and reading this.. Sandy
My sisters boyfriend has a felony and he was able to get on social security disability for bi-polar and other things. He stole a car a long time about like 10 years ago or something and just got out of jail and he gets social security.
This may not be what will deny you. Even if you have these disorders they look into your past work experience going back 10 years if not more, past hospitalizations due to mental illness and past therapy sessions and how often you had to go. The interview your family and friends. Because there are a lot of people who fake being ill to get on social security and now with the debt crisis in the united states it will be very hard to get social security disability unelss you have had a very long track record of mental illness. The most important thing they look for is paper trial BEFORE you filed for disability.
As per your debt please check out http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/credit/cre27.pdf  I cannot give you any legal advice because I am not a laywer and it is illegal to do that. Please read about fair debt collection act many bills can be put on hold and people cannot call you and harass you. I believe you must owe at least 6,000 for your paycheck to be garnished but social security is only touchable by three things 1) child support 2)over paid unemployment 3)student loans...everything else if the bill is under 6,000 from a single creditor they can't do much. Please see here: http://www.socialsecurity.gov/oig/ADOBEPDF/A-15-08-28031.pdf  both are long but if your struggling financially and don't want to be harassed anymore and know your rights I suggest you read both files completely and follow their suggestions to the T...do not cut any corners cause some debt collectors count on it.
Home that this helps you.
warm wishes,
Autumn
Sandy, Your social security disability cannot be reduced by anyone other that a Federal Agency or unpaid child support. Social Security benefits can be stopped if one is incarcerated for a felony. Your friends nephew benefits might have been stop on convection but it seems to me should have been reinstated if he wasn't incarcerated. Anyway yours is not a felony so you have nothing to worry about.

Another note, If you just had a baby or already have other children you should apply for benefits for them as well when you get approved. I had on child under 18 when I got approved and his benefit was retroactive to my disability date also. I would think they would make any dependent benefit retroactive to your disability date or the child date of birth.

I really think you have noting to worry about. Let us know how it works out for you.
Tom
I am a bit of an expert on this subject, since I just went through it all myself. I have all of what you have, plus heart disease and chronic untreated Lyme's disease and still got denied at the hearing. So, my lawyer filed an appeal, the very last thing one can do. Six months later the judges overturned the hearing judge and wrote some strongly worded messages to the judge who denied me. It took just short of four years. Well, instead of going to court to abolish my child support decree, I knew deep down that I would get it and all the back pay, so then my daughter would get all the back pay for child support and for her portion of Social Security. I get 1600 a month and she gets 800, plus another 650 a month in disability. Just tell the court that you are broke and are waiting for Social Security. They will simply take it out of your back pay from SS, that's what they did with me. Also, don't get your hopes up on the hearing, it comes down to one thing, is it a Liberal or Conservative judge. My first judge was like an emotionless drone who hated his job, so I knew right away I was screwed. Luckily Liberal judges handled my appeal. It is getting more difficult than it used to be simply because the government is out of money, so they have stricter criteria than in decades past.  The only thing that saved me for all those years I waited was the fact I receive 700 a month in disability pension from 23 years in the UFCW union. When I got the call from my lawyer saying I had won I was so relieved. About two weeks later my back pay got deposited into my bank, minus the back child support. I could go to court and get the support erased completely since my daughter receives SS too, but I want her to have a good life. I had a deadbeat father so there was no way I was going to walk in my father's footsteps. Message me anytime with questions, concerns, updates. I studied this subject and many others in the years of being largely bedridden, so at least I may be of some use for somebody else.
my niece is trying to get on disability she is bi polar manic depressive.  she has applied they thought we just wanted social security and turned.  we talked to a lawyer.  he said they were supposed to theen turn it over to ssi but they did not so she reapplied and we have not heard back.  the lawyer said she would for sure get it.  just waiting for the paper work,  hope it doesn't take 4 years.  she lives with me I am a widow with my little s/s/check and the widows portion of my husbands retirement.  we need help. mandy876
suzannez222 commented on day 10 off Methodone ...
12 mins ago
gymdandee Great Comment
lynnsee commented on lynnsee's status