Depression Community
im so depressed

This patient support community is for discussions relating to depression, counseling, sleep problems, and nutrition.

im so depressed

Ive been depressed for so long now, i can remember a time i wasnt ...Ive been feeling sick everyday for the last 2 years, i just cant take it anymore....the dr put me on pristiq 50mg, ive been on it for 4 weeks, and no relief what so ever...I know it will take time to feel better, but just maybe not feeling so tired or not having a headache everyday would give me some encouragement....i have no energy to do anything, i sit at home and do nothing, i work a part time job, which if i felt better i would love, im 28, no money, in debt, no retirement csavings or health insurance, i dont have my own place and live in my moms basement....im a loser...i feel too sick to do anything, i have terrible anxiety everyday where it makes me cry...ive lost all hope for ever being happy and i just want to lay down and die
I'm so sorry you feel this way. I've been through a lot of the same in my life. Have you told your Dr. the Pristiq isn't working? Sometimes it takes a lot of trials to find the right medication. You are not a loser...you have a disorder, just like me and many others. I'm going to give you friendly advice...I know it's REALLY hard to do, but you need to get up and do SOMETHING...ANYTHING. Even a little light exercise will boost your energy. Try to focus on something besides how awful you feel. Take VITAMINS...I am a firm believer in that. The economy sux right now. It's getting everyone down. Even volunteering somewhere will make you feel better. I'm not preaching, just letting you know what has worked for me...I really hope you see the sunshine again...cat
HELLO kelli, please don't give up.  I don't know what the magic answer is for you, but I do know that there never is just one answer, there is no magic bullet .  I think creating the life you want is like putting a puzzle together.  You have to roll up your sleeeves and work really hard to put the pieces together.  I think traditional therapies focus on "talking" about your problems, when they should be figuring out what you can actually "do".  But I am curious kelli, about the anxiety.  Sometimes anxiety can slowly shrink your life away.  Please tell me , did this all start with social anxiety?
Good Luck
The Pristiq may take up to 6 weeks to work, as well you dose may need to be changed. Do you have a proper diagnosis?Did you get your med from your GP?  Have you seen a psychiatrist at all? Sometimes these meds don't work if you don't have the correct diagnosis. None of those meds worked at all for me. I'm a firm believer in talk therapy alongside Cognitive Behaviour Therapy.(with meds) One helps you vent, the second changes your thinking and actions. It isn't easy but it can help, especially with persistent depression.You did the right thing, got a med on board, but it may not be the right one.

Like both previous posters, there is no magic bullet or instant cure. It's a lot of hard work.
I've had times where I just didn't have the energy to shower, and brush my teeth.
I had that moment when I realized that pills aren't the cure, they help with the depth of the depression but didn't take it all away.Having a routine is extremely important for folks with depression. Do the basics, eat decently, walk everyday, refocus your anxiety into something positive, like a craft. It's also really important to keep a sleep schedule. Irregular sleeping habits have been proven to worsen depression. Sitting and doing nothing will make you feel worse. I found depression definitely made my headaches worse, it's a viscious cycle. You will find your way to break it. Don't think about doing a chore or activity, just do it.

I get alot of anxiety. I went to a NY's event, and prepared some  mental coping methods when I was there. I would go outside for air (did that 4-5 times) and had my mantra, "you can be calm".  I know it's corny, but anything that works, I give it a go.

If you are feeling in any way suicidal, please go to your local ER.
I've been where you are and it can get better. It takes a while to get medicines correct. Is there any way you can get a counselor or a "life coach". This person can help with day to day techniques. Be careful, your mind in a negative state is very powerful and can keep the medicines from doing there best. You need a person to help you see the "cup is half-full", the more you see this, then the less pain you will have. Depression has so may parts to it. I feel for you and wish you the best.
thanks for the comments.I have dysthymia  and anxiety, but im in a deep depression right now,  ive been being treated for the last 7years...I see a psychiatrist, but i dont have a therapist since i only have a part time job and no health insurance...... the dr just put me on the pristq 4 weeks ago and said it might take more time, plus i had to find the right time of day to take it since taking it in the morn makes me more sleepy but taking it at night keeps me up...everything just seems so hopeless and im trying to climb out of it, but its just so hard....i just want to laydown all the time...it takes so much just to get up.....today i let it keep me from going to work, i felt so tired and sick i didnt go then i feel guilty for not going, i just cant win....i dont really remeber when the anxiety astarted, ive kinda always had it and its been slowly getting worse over the years..the anxiety is terrible right now, when i worry about something it comes out and doesnt stop....it does keep me from going out in public and id rather stay home, but its not always like that...the anxiety puts adamper on my relationship with my bf too, since im so insecure and jealous my anxiety comes out and makes me say and do anything to make it stop....
123tushar07 joined this community
Welcome them!
56 mins ago
MightyNole commented on New GMO
Stephanyeu commented on New GMO