Depression Community
losing touch with friends

This patient support community is for discussions relating to depression, counseling, sleep problems, and nutrition.

losing touch with friends

How did/do you cope with the fact of losing touch with friends as you grow older. I try to keep in touch but it's hard. Alot of my friends are married or have families while I'm stuck home alone. Yea I know I can go out and meet people but it's just a bit awkward ya know?

Anyway how did you cope woth the fact that as you get/got older you stopped seeing/talkin to your friends alot?
I never got the chance to keep my friends around me more than 3 years.
I do not think it is something that you can cope with or not.
It is life. It happens. People get married, People go to study. People get bored of people.
Being home alone is not something you should be ashamed of though.
I mean those people that are married maybe are not more happier than you.
Are you a loner? I am a loner and you seem a loner like me.
I never pursuit chances to meet my old friends and I dont go out a lot. But you know sometimes you must do the first step to remind your old friends you exist.
This matter troubles you. This means you care enough.
I hope you will reply me so we can discuss about it.
Excuse my poor English but I am Greek so you must not judge me strictly.
I have been through this before.  As you grow older and you feel like you have to hold onto those old relationships, it hurts when you realize that they have moved on.  Although I think social interaction is better than anything, you can make friends on other places until you are more comfortable making new friends in public.  You can make friends on here or other places.  I like to call different friends from time to time but I have to understand that a lot of people's social life and devotion to their friends aren't as important anymore once they have families.  What hobbies do you have.  You can become your best friend for a while and what I like to do is have short conversation with people I meet in public in the hopes that we will have something in common and perhaps may be able to hang out.  Getting into something like martial arts, yoga, or other activities where you can meet people and perhaps start up friendships there works well or volunteering somewhere works well too.  But if you have no one else to turn to come on here and start a friendship with some people.  You will find a lot of people who will check on you a lot and let you vent.

Good Luck,

Larry
It is very hard.  I am in the same boat.  I used to have all these friends up until like 3 years ago.  Then, I literally had none.  I called no one, no one called me.  I sat at home caught up in my children.  A few months ago my best friend from 3 years ago facebooked my daughter and now we are talking again.  So, just once in a while call someone out of the blue, you never know what will happen.  And don't get discouraged if nothing happens with the first person you call, just keep calling people.  One is bound to need a "new" friend too.  It takes only one to say yes.  
Work depressing
1 hr ago by JustHelp123
panda1229 commented on 90+++++ days!
Dothesalsa added the Mood Tracker