Aa
A
A
Close
mirtazapine
any experience - good or bad - with mirtazapine?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1042487 tn?1275283499
My experience with mirtazapine is and was a good one I guess (currently tapering it).

First thing mirtazapine did was making me extremely sleepy when I started it at 15mg, took it before bedtime and it was knocking me to bed. I noticed more intense vivid dreams during my sleep. Mirtazapine does not suppress the REM sleep.

Then I upped to 30mg after 1 week, it was still knocking me down, I liked that fact since I tend to suffer from insomnia. But the hypersomnia was getting worse, can sleep 12 hours without any problems on it...

I noticed an increased appetite but no weight gain for me since I have an extremely fast metabolism. But it could be a problem for someone older or already with a BMI above the average.

Positive side-effects

-No depression
-Sleep aid
-No nasty side-effects when I started it

Neutral side-effects

-Vivid dreams
-Increased appetite
-Numb feelings

Negative side-effetcs

-Constipation
-Hypersomnia

I consider mirtazapine an extremely good antidepressant with few side-effects. I'm having no problem stopping it, can skip many days without it with no withdrawal effects. It's a unique antidepressant in it's kind (tetracyclic) and it will work by antagonizing the 5-HT receptors rather than inhibiting the reuptake of serotonin like the SSRIs.

M4
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
5938899 tn?1453692297
Blank
otakugenx commented on Sep 6th->Dr. Swift...
50 mins ago
2020005 tn?1472427714
Blank
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
2 hrs ago
Blank
Blank
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time
Start Tracking Now
Top Mood Disorders Answerers
Blank