no question but asking for help
I am seeking help (with others also posting) to get a new forum for PTSD:  you can leave post on:  medhelp suggestion community in search medhelp or any forum that might include PTSD.  thank you
I'd be more than glad to put in a note ~ this is a great suggestion.
I've found that those of us with PTSD tend to congregate in the Military Health Issues Community and with Combat Veterans everywhere. Also, I just did a PTSD post there that's loaded with information if you want to check it out.

Our Vietnam Veterans waited as long as 25 years for treatment for their PTSD & thousands are still waiting for their compensation & pension! If not for what these brave people survived, the medical community may never have persued real trauma treatment!
And I love our Vietnam Veterans for what they've endured paving the way for the rest of us. Now we have TBI's from all the road side bombs in Iraq and Afghanistan; our Veterans really deserve our utmost respect. They suffer simply because they are willing to serve this country.

After WWI they called PTSD shell shock. After WWII it was called combat neurosis. My layman's definition of PTSD is " a normal reaction to an abnormal event " PTSD manifests itself in so many different ways and each form of effective treatment is as different as we are as individuals.

I think we're going to need a TBI forum too, but for now, we can visit the Military Issues forum. My Gratitude and Respect to all who've served ~ Thank you ~ Peace & Respect ~
This is a good idea.  PTSD can be caused by many life events, if they are traumatic to the person.  Being involved in a war can certainly cause it, but so can being raped, robbed, abused physically and/or emotionally.  This would be an excellent support for those suffering from PTSD.  

ettebette