Aa
A
A
Close
no topic
ive been on effexor now for two days now, and for some strange reason now i feel lioke **** dayin and dayout i know the only time i felt a bit better was only one half hour i took my second dose , ifeel jittery anxious i ve had diarea all morning after the second dose.I dont want to take my third dose after dinner tonight because i feel worse than before i started taking effoxor.Its a beautiful day outside for once and im stuck on the couch only to be five steps from the washroom . Im going to see my doctor tommorrow and stop taking effexor , these last two full days have been absolutly horrible for me and my family....
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
424549 tn?1308519102
Hi,

Allthough it is normal to experience side-effects of SSRI's the first time, this does sound like you say: You should notify the one who prescribed them to you about the reactions you have. Some react with an upset stomach to these medications and it will get better, but the way you describe it I think you do the right thing about trying something else.
One should really not dread taking anti-depressants.

If you have an allergical reaction such as hives or rash or breathing difficulties, you should seek medical attention.

I hope you get meds that are right for you!

Florena
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
hi.  I've been on effexor for about 3 months now.  I really felt bad the first few days, but after my body adjusted, I have little to no side effects.  It will get better!  I also had some muscle twitching, a tight feeling in my jaw, nausea, extreme tiredness, incredibly jittery.  Now I don't think I have any of those.  

Working out (once you feel better) also helps the medicine work better.  I started doing yoga, and i notice that I feel even more better.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
Blank
Day 5
8 hrs ago by Amber98
2020005 tn?1472427714
Blank
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
14 hrs ago
189897 tn?1441130118
Blank
Sandman2 commented on Anxiety disorder - am...
20 hrs ago
Blank
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time
Start Tracking Now
Top Mood Disorders Answerers
Blank
Arlington, VA
1551327 tn?1414146344
Blank
Tompkinsville, KY
1415482 tn?1459706314