Depression Community
no topic

Join others suffering from Depression. Turn to them for guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

no topic

ive been on effexor now for two days now, and for some strange reason now i feel lioke **** dayin and dayout i know the only time i felt a bit better was only one half hour i took my second dose , ifeel jittery anxious i ve had diarea (diarrhea) all morning after the second dose.I dont want to take my third dose after dinner tonight because i feel worse than before i started taking effoxor.Its a beautiful day outside for once and im stuck on the couch only to be five steps from the washroom . Im going to see my doctor tommorrow and stop taking effexor , these last two full days have been absolutly horrible for me and my family....

Allthough it is normal to experience side-effects of SSRI's the first time, this does sound like you say: You should notify the one who prescribed them to you about the reactions you have. Some react with an upset stomach to these medications and it will get better, but the way you describe it I think you do the right thing about trying something else.
One should really not dread taking anti-depressants.

If you have an allergical reaction such as hives or rash or breathing difficulties, you should seek medical attention.

I hope you get meds that are right for you!

Florena
Avatar n tn
hi.  I've been on effexor for about 3 months now.  I really felt bad the first few days, but after my body adjusted, I have little to no side effects.  It will get better!  I also had some muscle twitching, a tight feeling in my jaw, nausea, extreme tiredness, incredibly jittery.  Now I don't think I have any of those.  

Working out (once you feel better) also helps the medicine work better.  I started doing yoga, and i notice that I feel even more better.
KTowne Little man's name will be W... Comment
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time