paxil and xanax
I was on paxil and xanax and i just quit paxil cold turkey but kept the xanax i was about to do the same until i read a couple of sites and well i know now that i should have not done it cold turkey . Now its been 2 weeks with no paxil , but still taking the xanax , im taking 1mg ONLY when i needed for the withdrawal of paxil , it has help , but still im a little worried about the xanax and the dependency , isit ok to quit the paxil and keep the xanax alone ?
it is never good to quit cold turkey. you should taper off slowly.is the zanax helping?
Good luck and let meknow how you are .
Love Venora

I am actually battling a xanax addiction. I started taking them for panic attacks, alongside my anti-depressant (Effexor). I am trying to get off the xanax as I realise I've become dependent on them and have gone from one 0.25mg to between four and ten every day. I also mix with alcohol. I know - deathwish or what.

Please seek your doctor's advice on how to taper off the xanax safely. In fact, find a psychopharmocologist rather than your regular doctor. Xanax is extremely dangerous if you do cold turkey. I can't go 8 hrs without withdrawing...tremors, headache, nausea...

Keep us posted, take care
I have been on xanax for 15 years.  I have taken 1 mg at night, sometimes 2 mg.  My psychiatrist wants me to get off it since I am on other drugs.  Slowly is how to do it.  A while back I did get off of it myself.  I just cut down the amount each week; however, it took me three nights of sleeplessness to get it out of my system.  In all, it wasn't that bad.  Just don't stop cold turkey.