Depression Community
please help horrible thoughts!!

Join others suffering from Depression. Turn to them for guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

please help horrible thoughts!!

i am having horrible thoughts....ive always been a very nice person, feeling guilty for little things, careing about those who suffer, respecting every person i have met unless they show me disrespect....but now with my anxiety and depression i have been having nasty thoughts......

about 1month ago i saw a story on someone who killed his family.....i later on that day had like a quick mental image of me harming my mom...i immediatly felt like a nasty guilty feeling....i had no physical intent on harming her or anyone else it was just a quick thought...but i cant shake it off know i avoid knifes as much as i can and i dont really know why.....i feel so scared to go insane or harm my family and those thoughts haunt me!

i hate it i always tell myself that you are incapable of doing anything like that, but then right after i start to think if you are 100 percent sure that you wouldnt do harm to anyone then why do you think about it??and then i guess it all goes in circles...its really scary someone pls help!!
Sorry that you are having horrible thoughts like that. That can be really scary. Honestly I think anyone probably gets weird bad thoughts like that once in awhile. Do you think you might have any anger towards this person? Sometimes anger can give those thoughts. If not maybe what you watched triggered thoughts like that. Sometimes watching something can make you think about things. Or wonder what if it were me? Would I do the same thing they did? Different things.

If you really feel concerned or if you get these thoughts a lot maybe you should talk to your theropist about it. If you have one that it. Might help to talk to someone about these thoughts.

I hope that those bad thoughts go away soon. It can be scary even if you know there is no way you would ever act on them.
thank you as i have no anger that trigger them its more of like when i think if i would do something to harm me or anyone my response is always no i never have the physical intent to harm any1 its just the thoughts what if i would start comin and they go around in circles!
It is totally normal to have disturbing thoughts every now & then, it's whether you act on them that is the important thing. If you're worried you might act on them then you need to seek help.
You are probably just worried about the well being of your mom. Is she having problems in her life now? I have had an experience similar to yours. For me, it was a deep worry I had of the financial problems, turning into ugly images like yours. but after the financial problems went away, so did the ugly images. Also stay away from violent movies on TV. That is what feeds it. Or the news.
10356 commented on Dee1956's status
1 hr ago
10356 commented on stilltrying1965's status
1 hr ago
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time