Depression Community
postpartum depression

Join others suffering from Depression. Turn to them for guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

postpartum depression

I am 20 years old and I just recently had a miscarriage about 2 weeks ago. Me and my boyffriend were very excited because we found out we were having twins. But after the miscarriage i've been down, sad, and cry at times. Its very hard for me to see couples with their babies because that was supposed to be us. I've been acting a little weird towards him. Worrying if he's cheating, getting upset at him over something so small like calling me back. And I know he isnt cheating but its just very wierd. Could I be having some signs of depression?
Hello there,

indeed it could be sign of depression and depression is pretty common in miscarriage events. You and your boyfriend need each other more than ever so working on your couple could be a good thing. Another option would be to go for a therapy. You are still young so I do really think the depression is temporary and that you don't need medication. I know such event is hard to forget but you will eventually get over it.

M4
I am very sorry to read about your loss,

you are being hard on yourself i feel and not allowing yourself to feel bad, when you can.  Grief is normal and you are experiencing the symptoms, you need a lot of support, can you join a support group for other women who understand what this feels like.  It may take a long time to get over, it is a bereavement.

Have you had a ceremony for the children, has your bereavement been acknowledged properly.

For me the only way through the pain, is through.  You cant avoid it, push it away, forget it.  You must feel it and the more you give into your feelings, the more you will recover..  that is the truth.

Thinking of you
I am also so sorry to hear the loss; it must be very hard.  Perhaps seeing a therapist or a support group would be a safe place to grieve and work thru the pain.  God bless you, Hey Jude.
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
1 hr ago
clean_in_ks commented on photo
May 28
meegWpaw commented on photo
May 28
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time