Depression Community
regarding depression

Join others suffering from Depression. Turn to them for guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

regarding depression

I have a long lasting depression and it cures and starts again i am on medication, can anybody guide me to come out of it permanentely. please guide.
Hi, I noticed that no one had answered you yet, perhaps it is because there may be no clear cut answer to your question. I am sorry that you are suffering from recurrent depression. I do as well. Has your doctor talked to you about any of the various "bipolar" issues? The classic "bipolar" or "manic-depression" illness has alternating moods of depression and high-euphoria. But there are other types of "bipolar" illness where the highs are not very high (hypomania) or are more of an anxiety or irritable state. There are also "bipolar" illnesses that are mostly recurrent depression. And there is unipolar recurrent depression, too. You need a good psychiatrist, and a way to track your mood states over time, so you can get the right diagnosis, because sometimes different medications can be used depending on what you are dealing with. Sadly, often there is no "permanent cure" for recurrent depression, and one must learn to cope and survive the difficult times, and enjoy the times when you are not depressed. So I would encourage you to talk to your doctor more about this. I pray the best for you, and may God bless you.
Unresolved problems do not go away, they worsen.  Being in the cycles of depression is a very challenging thing.
Basslady made some good points and some of that may have been a little confusing.
What symptoms do you experience with the depression?
krichar commented on photo
KTowne Little man is getting stron... Comment
KTowne uploaded a new photo
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time