Depression Community
scared of going crazy

A community of people suffering from Depression to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, counseling, and other management.

scared of going crazy

you know how people just snap and go crazy? yea thats one of my fears..im just afraid one day i will lose control.. but i really have no reason to think that

.im a nice guy, i help people any chance i get, and would never want to hurt anyone so i have no idea why i have a fear of that..

like ill see on the news about people hurting other people and im like..what drove them to do that? did they just snap?

i have no mental illness and also this doesn't bother me 24/7. its just at random times

anyone else fear this?

i know people will say go see a doc, but it doesn't affetc me 24/7..it's just one of those unknown things that make ya think
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Anxiety/Can-being-afraid-of-going-crazy-make-you-crazy/show/1803894#post_8309318

I think it will helpyou to reread the replies you got on the other thread, where you were asking almost the same thing.

For people with anxiety, this is one of THE most common fears...the fear of losing control and "going crazy"...and the other big one is the fear of dying.

You're not going to snap or go crazy.

Now, all of these threads you've posted about anxiety, self esteem issues, etc etc...what have you done to address the anxiety?  We can answer your threads all day long, but that doesn't help you manage your anxiety.  You need help with that.
hey luk man look through past post i have the exact same problem a couple weeks ago i posted on here the same thing almost word for word...i had that same problem were many negative things i see or hear i try to put myself in peoples shoes like if some guy murdered his family i started to think man what drove him to do that...did he feel like i am feeling rite now??and so then i would question myself would i ever do that?? and of course i would never want to hurt my family but it would just make me think soo much and make me sort of deppressed... like what if i dont have control of the situation and i snap???

but after a couple visits to my therapist you get to the root of things and the truth is you wont go crazy nd you will always be in control because your mind cant control you..you control your mind.....your thoughts cant hurt you or anybody else!!
10356 commented on stilltrying1965's status
JE55LEW On mirtazapine helping load... Comment
facts About Meat
Jul 31 by gymdandee
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time