DEPRESSION
COMMUNITY
screaming in my head, why???
by witheredrose, Jul 26, 2012
Does anybody ever hear screaming in there head,  like somebody is actually inside your head screaming? It happens to me a lot, and often times I mistake it for a real person at first. Then it just doesnt go away. Why does this happen?? I really want it to stop!
Member Comments (29)
by Amular, Jul 26, 2012
Never had that but feel like screeming a lot. I want it to stop too. Maybe we should both actually scream! People r sleeping now but when I'm alone I think I'll try it.
by witheredrose, Jul 26, 2012
Its different than vocally screaming, its not the want to scream, I just hear it in my head. It comes a long with a sad feeling, I dont know why but it is driving me nuts!! It makes me feel like crying, and hurting myself..
by Amular, Jul 26, 2012
Could it be medication side effect? I never heard of that before. Sounds maddening.  Are you sad about being angry or angry about being sad? Can you draw what it feels like?
by Amular, Jul 26, 2012
Come to think of it, i have thoughts, songs, regrets, and a to do list running in my head all the time . It's almost like I can hear them simultaniously & it drives me nuts. Itmakes me want to sleep. Sleeping makes things worse because I get more behind & off schedule but I do it anyway.  As long as you know they are not real that's good. Have you told a doctor?
by witheredrose, Jul 26, 2012
im not sure why it happens...but i havent told my doctor...
by Amular, Jul 26, 2012
I don't think you r crazy because you know the screaming isn't real. You should tell your doctor. Until then, try listening to music to get your mind off it. Maybe it will go away like hickups- when you get your mind off it.
by Kayannaboo, Jul 26, 2012
*hugs* honey I don't think you are crazy but if you hear something so strong going on in your head that makes you feel this bad, then perhaps you need to talk to someone. Have you been going to a therapist?

xoxoxoxo Anna
by witheredrose, Jul 26, 2012
Thank you! Hugs
I havent been seeing my therapist for awhil, but i see a p-doc every thursday and i have tried music it works a little but not enough..i want to tear all my hair out thats how much it drives me crazy.
I got to my pdoc at 3:30 todat but i dont know if ill be able to tell him. Its hard for me too tell someone in person whats going on, and im always afraid he is going to send me away again
by swabes, Jul 26, 2012
I'm sorry, this sounds terrible. Voices of sorts can come along with mental health issues. When my eating disorders began I developed a voice in my head, like a complete stranger was living in my head. It was what made me starve myself, it had control. Sometimes I still get it but not day and night like before. It's important to tell you doctor before it progresses. Dont let it take control! Take care friend, my heart goes out to you on this one. (HUGS)