Depression Community
side effects of Lyrica

Join others suffering from Depression. Turn to them for guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

side effects of Lyrica

Lyrica has been used for depression according to items I have read.  But, it also says that it causes anxiety attacks, panic attacks and suicidal thoughts.  If that's not related to depression, what is?  I've been to other forums, but I was wondering if anyone here had anything else to offer.
Lyrica is used for pain of fibromyalgia.  I have fibro, but I refuse to use it because weight gain is also a big side effect, which is the last thing I need.  But some women with fibro and depression say it is a miracle drug.
Avatar n tn
YOU CAN TAKE LYRICA OR NEURONTIN (GABABENTIN) THEY BOTH WORK GREAT... I SWITCH BETWEEN THE TWO.. LYRICA CAUSES A LITTLE MORE DIZZINESS... MY MOM THINKS GABAPENTIN WORKS BETTER THO.. I TAKE THEM AND THEY WORK ABOUT THE SAME... THEY ARE GREAT FOR BURNING FEET OR RESTLESS LEGS AND BACK PAIN. I TAKE IT WITH TRAMADOL PAIN MED AND CYMBALTA FOR BURNING FEET... A TOTAL MIRACLE WORKER COMBINED....
More likely to decreases anxiety due to it's effect on the GABA neurotransmitter. Memory problems are common side effects for the same reason and the close relation between GABA and glutamate, glutamate being involved in learning and memory. Other side effects more likely to happen in women are dizziness, tiredness, balance problems.

Best regards,
M4
hi, i've been on cymbalta for a year and have been put on lyrica (25) for a month has helpped with restless legs and Fibro abit, just increased to 75mg, had problems.

dizziness, body feels heavy, fuzzy numbness all over, almost falling over

is this common

dave
Emily_MHModerator Survey link - https://goo.g... Comment
clean_in_ks commented on No Cirrhosis of the L...
opus88 commented on No Cirrhosis of the L...
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time