smoking and mental health
It seems to me from my experience and some studies I recently read about that people who smoke are more prone to episodes of anxiety/depression and other mental problems. I stopped for 5 days and strated to feel so much clearer and calmer. Too bad for me I didn't handle a big problem with my girlfriend and made the wrong choice. Has anyone else noticed a return to a saner life after smoking?, that is after the withdrawls.
i have been smoking for about 10 years...and i definitly notice that sometimes when I smoke my anxious feelings increase. Its wierd, i think it has something to do with breathing  in chemicals and co2 instead of oxygen. makes me lightheaded occassionally, then i get nervous, and the anxiety starts. definintly know what you mean/.
Thanks for writing. I think it does make anxiety/depression worse even though it may seem to help when you light up. I also read some medical stuff about smokers making up a big% of mental pts. It seems to me than saner more balanced people don't have this habit. I want to be one of them
can u plz tell me what are with drawl symptoms of smoking i am planing to stop smoking and drinking.and how to over come the withdrawl symptoms
anxiety is the worst the others are doable for me.
Yes, smoking most definitly causes more anxiety if you are prone to that disorder which usually goes hand in hand with depression.   I stopped smoking 7wks ago and began with the losenge, but  couldn't tolerate the side effects so stopped after 5 days and just went cold turkey.  Your still ingesting nicotine so eventually would have to go through w/d from the losenge too so I figured just get it over with.  The anxiety attacks, constipation, sinus problems lasted 3wks straight, but after that every day got a little better.  I used Xanax to get me through the anxiety attacks.  I felt like I was going to have a seizure, my heart would pound so hard and I would start to panic.  Xanax helped alot.  I noticed my lungs felt better almost the first day and the change in the appearence of my skin tone and energy level is an unexpected surprise.  After 5wks I started to feel all wound up and still unable to sleep(forgot to mention 3wks of insomnia, but that will get better if you sleep well in the first place) I am an insomniac and have been since 17years.  I now remember why I started to smoke in the first place.  My point is if you began smoking to manage stress in the first place, that problem will still exist as I am finding out.  Excercise and diet are key to stress management as smoking is only a quick fix.  Finding out why you are stressed or depressed is the first step to being a successful non-smoker.  This was not hard for me because after so many years I came to HATE smoking, but dealing with stress without my usual outlet is really difficult.  I don't want to "smoke" per say, but I do crave some relief from this manic feeling.  Please remember though that the physical withdrawals do not last forever even it may feel like it at the time.  GOOD LUCK!