Depression Community
ssri and ssni

Join others suffering from Depression. Turn to them for guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

ssri and ssni

I was on paxil for almost 20 years for depression and panic.  MD switched me to Cymbalta.  He said it is possible for you to get used to meds after being on them long term.  Is that true, cannot find much info. on that.  The problem is the Cymbalta was better with my depression but seems to increase my anxiety and cause me excessive sweating, esp in social situations. Does the sweating sound like a common side effect for SNRI?
Hi clydo , yes , sweating profusely is a recognized adverse effect of Effexor. For more information check out the product information on the leaflet in the pack , or their website  - there's a whole host of possible side effects.  
Re: above , I meant Cymbalta , not Effexor.  : )
Yes, it is possible for your body to get so used to a med that it no longer works for you. I am on a few forums and that is a common comment from members. Strange that your anxiety has increased as Cymbalta is FDA approved for generalized anxiety disorder. A med I take for anxiety is propranolol. It is a beta blocker used for high blood pressure, anxiety and akathisia.
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time