Depression Community
tramadol for depression

Join others suffering from Depression. Turn to them for guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

tramadol for depression

a few months ago i was prescribed tramadol for "chronic back pain"
I have been going to PT and have been making progress however i have noticed one thing that is better about myself while taking tramadol.

when im at work sometimes im a nervous wreck.  im stressed out, sometimes depressed and have some anxiety while at work and sometimes in social situations.  i have taken every type of anti-anxiety medication you can think of and never want to take these meds again - i felt terrible while taking them and they never did anything to help in fact, i was worse while taking them.

tramadol on the other hand calms me down.  i was also surprised how much energy i felt while taking it and noticed it significantly calms me down while im at work and its the only thing that seems to work for me.  i still have a prescription for tramadol (50mb) - i dont take it everyday but it really helps when im feeling stressed

is it unreasonable to ask for tramadol as an anti-depressant\anti-anxiety medication.  from what ive been reading about tramadol is that its only prescribed for pain - would a doctor prescribe this medication for my condition?  I really dont want to take anything else.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tramadol#Uses

It has been suggested that tramadol could be effective for alleviating symptoms of depression, anxiety, and phobias[11] because of its action on the noradrenergic and serotonergic systems, such as its "atypical" opioid activity.[12] However, health professionals have not endorsed its use for these disorders,[13][14] claiming it may be used as a unique treatment (only when other treatments failed), and must be used under the control of a psychiatrist.[15][16]
Thx for the info ;)
dragrat is trying not to freak out.. Comment
KTowne Pretty sure if baby is a gi... Comment
KTowne commented on veronica0808's status
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time