Depression Community
voices

A community of people suffering from Depression to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, counseling, and other management.

voices

Hi as long as I can remeber I have always had my voice in my head its not telling me to do anything its my voice its 24/7 so negitive and its about to send me insane sometimes I can't sleep it so tiring and frustating plz tell me there's something to atleast slow it down because Iam tired paranoid and more only 21plz help
Before I went into therapy, I too had this womans voice in my head who was very negative and said many bad things about me.  It would come on when I would least expect it, christmas, a birthday party, when I felt that I looked good in the mirror in the morning, if a man smiled at me, if I was calm and just feeling pretty good.

While in therapy, my therapist asked me how my relationship was with my mother.  "Good" I replied, not willing to want to get into that at all yet, but as the weeks went by and my trust level with my doctor went up, I was able to tell her about the voice that was so negative and so loud sometimes and she went back to asking how my relationship was with my mother.  She did tell me that she thought that I was hearing a lifetime of negative talk to myself from my mother.  I thought on that and we started working on that issue and I haven't had any voices that imply that I am less then anything other then a wonderful human being in over 20 years.

I do hope that you think seriously about getting hooked up with a therapist or counselor of your own.  The benefits are wonderful, even with the hard work you will be doing.

I can understand many people not replying to your question..There is something scary about the voices that many many people who are seriously mentally ill hear in their heads.  But I think what you are questioning is more of a depression/self esteem/childhood memories/ issue.

Good luck to you and I do wish you the very best

M

M
I think your right thanks so much for your opinion :-)
You are very welcome.  I do hope you are able to get some relief from this ...If you ever want to talk, you can send me a note and I will reply..

M
KTowne wisdom tooth extraction tod... Comment
1 hr ago
gymdandee commented on  Weight Loss Drinks ...
Paxiled commented on  Weight Loss Drinks ...
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time