what is an maio inhibitor
I have yet to find anyone who can actually tell me what an maio inhibitor is.
A specific type of anti-depressent. They are less used because of potential of enzyme interactions but one of the specific mao inhibitors Ensam is available in patch form and does not have the potential of these interactions which restrict the use of mao inhibitors in general because of having the requirement heavily modified diets and potential medication interactions. There are at least 4 classes of anti-depressents from what I am aware of, the tricyclics, the SSRI's, the SNRI's and the Mao inhibitors. All are basically equally effective but have a different side effect profile and the decision as to which to use can be discussed with a psychiatrist but as for information there are some websites linked up here that would be of help:http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Mental-Health/Useful-Bipolar--Depression-Webisites/show/523?cid=105