what is this?
my boyfriend gets depressed for a few weeks about every 3-4 months. he seems to be really depressed too to the point where he doesnt even want to eat. It is usually something that trigers this depression. last time it was because he didnt feel appreseated by anyone. i talked with him for hours about it and i did something that showed him how much i appreseated him and he was back to his old self all happy and what not but its been 4 months now and he seems to be falling back into being depressed. this time tho he tells me that nothings bothering him and he cant seem to even think of anything worng.what should i do? iv tried talking to him but it doesnt seem to be working.
he not depressed  for 4 months and then hes depressed for a few weeks then hes not depressed??? why is that??? is there a type of depresion where you are like that??????
Depression doesn't disappear and then come back. When people have depression they have times where they just get upset and others where they're happy. I've had depression for 12 years now and oftentimes I am happy and perfectly fine. Others I'll just be depressed and have no idea why--it just happens and there's no clear reason. You just need to be there for him and show him you care. It might also be wise for him to look into getting help perhaps from a therapist.
Your boyfriend is suffering with depression all the time, there are just times it is worse.  He won't get better until he addresses this with a professional.  He should make an appt. with a psychiatrist for an evaluation and to get referred to the proper therapist.  Depression can stem from a root cause which is normally something traumatic from his past which he never truly dealt with and may have even forgotten about. Once he determines if his has a root cause.... with his therapist's help he can deal with it and ease his depression.  Some of us never know why we are depressed and for us medication is the only answer. Good luck to you both!
Sounds like recurrent depression when you have one episode of depression then have ok normal time then get depressed again but I am not a doctor.

Has he seen a doctor to do with his depression? I would suggest  that be the next step is to talk to either his local doctor or get a referral to see a psychiatrist.It might be good for you to go with him as you have seen him in these sate and will be better able to explain your side and what you see which gives the doctor a bigger picture which helps, but only if it ok with your boyfriend. It is good of you to be concerned, caring and helping him, keep it up!

Hope this helps,
Good luck
Freddie
thanks!
and no he hasnt seen a doctor that sounds like a good idea though. is there a certin kind of doctor he sould go to?
He can get a recommendation from his family doctor (if he has one) or if not have him look up a psychiatrist and go from there.