Depression Community
what wrong with me!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to depression, counseling, sleep problems, and nutrition.

what wrong with me!

why i am listenig voices in my head? make me depress
Hearing voices is definitely of concern. I would speak to a psychiatrist about it and they could decide what would be the best way to treat it. It can from psychosis but only a psychiatrist can make a specific diagnosis but its worth seeing one.
I was afraid someone said something like that! But thank you. Really I am afraid of the result that migth come. Tears come to my eyes while i writting this comment. But I will try to go to the doctor.

Listening voices in head may not be as bad as it first appears. There are numerous possibilities and differentials. When the Psychiatrist puts in specific questions, you get to a diagnosis.

As ILADVOCATE has mentioned, the best course of action is visiting a Psychiatrist. Don't let the fear of the results affect your present. Go to a Psychiatrist. Sooner the better. And remember, the best way to avoid fire is to go right through it.

Meanwhile you may post further queries here. We will try to build up some line of thought.

Regards
thank you for your words. Today (May 6) I did an appointment wiht my PC Doctor for may 20th, so i will tell him what'sup and ask him for a referral for a Psychiatrist. My mind really dont want to go. So right now i am struggling because when i post my problem here, it was the first time i let somebody know my problem, and just thinking to tell someone face to face make me kind a little be uncomfortable, still i will try my best to go!

thank you again!!!!
Hello.

It may sound odd, but prepare for the doctor's visit like you do for some role play or an act. Practice it in your mind a few times. Imagine your self telling all your symptoms clearly and in a timely manner, as they occurred, to the doctor. Imagine what kind of questions the doctor may ask and what you might say or answer. This exercise does help.

And since you have a good 13 before you get to see the doctor, why don't you describe your symptoms here? Others can put in valuable input if they know the symptoms. Perhaps someone might have had similar symptoms and they know what to do in such situations. Their experience can help you.

Would you say the voices you hear appear to come from the "outside"? Or do you feel they are inside the head? Are the voices familiar?

the voices are out of my head. sometimes i am in the my room and the voice call me by my name from the kitchen then i go and is nobody there. I go check because my brother live with me and i thought that he just came from work, but when  i went and check is no body there. Sometimes whatever it is, just talk inside the apartment, once again i check arround the rooms and nobody there.

And i live in a 12 floor apt. but when this thing happen i check even the hallways and nothing!!! I had loss the interest on a lot of thing, dont go out like before, i feel like people know that i hear those voices and i turning crazy o something. the other day really like 4 day i got angry for nothing and my mind was going crazy and i was ready to disapear from this world, to kill my self, i was felling guilty with no power. But did not say nothing to my brother, once again because he migth think i am crazy.
i stop going to church, reading books. i dont know if i am boring you, but really i saying how i feel. just thank you for listening
Hello.

These could be what we call auditory hallucinations. They occur when there are certain chemical changes in the brain. The best course of action would be take the help of some medicines initially to counter those chemical changes.

Meanwhile, keep a note of your symptoms. Maintain a diary. And since you have ideas of killing yourself, make sure you communicate with your family of friends. A family member who can listen to you will be the best person to confide in. Do not worry what they might think of all this. Whatever they may think, they will always want to help you and support you.

Wish you good luck with the doctor's appointment.
Hello.

thank you for you advice. keeping notes of the symptoms and a diary is a good idea. i will start that today so when i go to the doctor will be more essay to explain.

i wil let you know the result after the doctor appoiment. You have give me a little more confidence in myself.

thank you....
                        Juan
sounds like schzophrenia i  have it and i think you might too.just no the vocies are not real and dont do what they tell you to do..specially if its bad.........dont let it run your life.......... i tryed to kill myself 4 years ago because i thaught the voices were jesus and it told me jesus wants me to come home to heaven...........so dont take **** from your voices.....and dont let your imagination get out of control...it will save your life.........just a warning.....
thank you!!!.....and yes, the voices was in someway getting into me and my imagination going crazy. Next week I am going to see the PC Doctor and I will tell him about my situation. and ask him for a referral for the Psychiatrist.

How long it took for you stop hearing the voices???
Do they put you in the hospital or they give you medication to take home?
If they give you medicine, could you work or go to school while taking those med or you have to stay at home?
It depends on what is going on. When I first was started on an antipsychotic and mood stabilizer (I have schizoaffective) as I had engaged in some destructive behavior (rather not post what, this was way back in 1991 before my current recovery) I did go to the psychiatric hospital voluntarily but I needed it. Many people are started on medication in an outpatient setting such as partial day hospital. And some people see a psychiatrist and start on medication and don't need any form of hospitalization. It depends on what level of care they believe you need. Hospitalizations are usually brief, just enough to stabilize the person and then they are released. But once you are stablized on medication you can go to school and work afterwards. I did as did many other people. Its best to take it one step at a time. But don't think medication will set you back. It will help you recover and get on with life.
i know what its like to go crazy from voices.....it almost took my life.....i still and probally will always hear voices ..yea i hear voices from really good stuff to really bad stuff..i just dont let it take conrol of me ...yea i hear stuff from very good to very bad........i gave away alot of my stuff.like example $200 camera because my voices told me to and i thought it was jesus .....it really ***** to have to remember what i went throw.... i was a cutter and it only take one time to **** your hole life up .....so go to the doc a.s.a.p ...... medicine yeah  im on all kinds of medicine im on GEODON 80 MG one in the morning and one at night. i take CLONAZEPAM 1 MG one time at night...FLUOXETINE HCL 40 MG 2 in the morning..and 1 WELLBUTRINE 300 MG......in the morning......and im glade i take allthese meds it really helps i would be scared if i was off of it i cant every run out or i will feel shackie  depressed and could not sleep..and i will go nutts...im ok with meds....i was in the hospital right after my suicide atempt cut both wrist the right one is damged now so my right hand dosnet work so good 16 scars up im right arm....i was in the crazy people floor of the hospital where they have video camera on you 24/7 so you will not be able to kill your self....plastic knifes there was other things i just cant remember them all.... other people  where there with bad voices too....i was liveing in a dreamed up world you know didnt know it or understand it at the time... and that is not safe if you dont know it not real...never in my life would i have thought i would try to kill my self...never ever ever ever.. it was nice talking to you if you have any more questions i will be here... so be careful and have a good one.......
10356 commented on photo
1 min ago
CRSeaside commented on specialmom's status
32 mins ago
KTowne commented on ribaby15's status