Depression Community
xanax 0.5 mg

This patient support community is for discussions relating to depression, counseling, sleep problems, and nutrition.

xanax 0.5 mg

Hello again I just have another question again. Every morning I wake up and take a 10 mg lexapro and a .5mg xanax. My syptoms (symptoms) of anexity such as the brain fog subsides for a couple hours but comes back. How long is it going to take the lexapro and the xanax to start curing and not just cover up the syptoms (symptoms)? I am getting sick and tired of going to bed everynight wondering if tommorrow I am going to have brain fog or not. I can live with all the other syptoms (symptoms) but not the fog. Please help. Tom
Your pharmacist is the best info source. If you scout around, you will find some are happy to gab about your meds. Then find their schedule and pop around or phone them. Mine also told me about skewed results from the 2008 study last year that said SSRI's don't work.
The only time I called the drug manufacturer, I found her to be too restricted in advice since she has to stick with what the FDA stated about the test results for her drug. In other words, she had to stick to the letter of the law.
Xanax is very short acting.  That's why it is considered problematic by many.  I was taking clonazepam 0.5 mg until recently, and my psychiatrist didn't even like that drug (which my PCP gave me).  He said clonazepam was the best of the worst, and Xanax was the worst of the worst (because it is so short acting).  He says he never prescribes Xanax.  I did not have trouble getting off my dose of clonazepam, which I took only at night.  
The lexapro may take several weeks to work. I used to take it at 30Mgs a day and it took 4 weeks to kick in.

As for the Xanax. It is a good drug for anxiety, but not good for anyone that does not have a good braking system.

Xanax is very short acting as FUZZZ said. It is often prescribed by doctors as a short term band aid until the AD's kick in.

Xanax does not help depression, rather only the anxiety caused by depression. Even then it corrects nothing. Xanax only offers a short term escape from the anxiety.

I take Xanax at 2.0Mgs a day. This is barely enough to help with my anxiety, but I refuse to go beyond 2.0Mgs a day because that's when you can get addicted bad.

I am now tapering off it slow because my other AD's are kicking in and helping a little.
Thank you for the information it is greatly appreciated. Just wondering what you are on for your ad medication. Thanks Tom
Currently I am taking Pristiq and Lamictal combination. My condition is very severe and cronic (chronic). This combination thus far is helping a lot.

I fully reccomend this combination to anyone that is treatment resistant like me.
i really dont know what stage of depression or how they determine it I am in I wish I would know I dont think it is too severe but I think that it is somewhat a modereate phase.
i strongly advise anyone against taking xanax. i was once prescribed xanax when i was 17 years old to take the place of ad's. it did a lot of harm. i didn't even have a bad case of anxiety-- nothing more than the usual worries. i ended up becoming addicted to it. i couldn't go a day without out. I NEEDED IT. i stopped taking it after some friends pointed out what was happening, and now my anxiety has heightened to a new level and my mental health is at an all time low. i'm sure for some people xanax is great, but it is short-acting and is very addictive. there has to be something better to suit your needs. please don't increase your dose. go to your doctor.
No believe me I know it is very addictive. I as well do not want to increase my dose I just want to figure out when my 10mg of lexapro is going to start to work so I can completly get off the xanax.
I think there is a place and time for Xanax.

In the past it has served me well to utilize it during med changes.

Beyond that your intake should be limited. I don't feel life I ever got addicted to Xanax. probably because I know when to stop and put it down. Not everyone can do this.

I wont lie, there were times when I "overindulged"
I will not deny that 1Mg of Xanax and a stiff drink is not relaxing, but all in moderation and you MUST be able to put it down for a good while.

Xanax gives me a warm fuzzy feeling that might have gotton out of control would I have allowed it to.

1 week now and no Xanax for me. Honestly I am not even craving it.
"1 week now and no Xanax for me. Honestly I am not even craving it."

Congrats hensley. It will be 2 years for me the 26th of this month. And I crave it everyday.
sarveshyadav commented on  Things Killing Your ...
Evergreen25 joined this community
Welcome them!
guru6464 joined this community
Welcome them!