Depression Community
zoloft

Join others suffering from Depression. Turn to them for guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

zoloft

Is there a difference between zoloft and the generic?
Tags: Zoloft
Some people do fine with the sertraline generics, but others find they are not as effective, or experience more side effects. Some peolpe find one manufacturer's generic is okay, while a different generic is not.

One of my patients switched to a generic after being on brand Zoloft for years, and soon after developed  GI symptoms, She was about to be put on a med. for that problem, but decided to first try switching back  to Zoloft. Before long the symptoms cleared up and she was able to avoid the addition of another med.

You would have to try the generic(s)  yourself to see how you do. If it doesn't work out, you could switch back.

Best wishes...

iveit is
I say if you can afford name brand then do it.

The FDA "mandates" that all generic drugs have no more or less than a 20% variance to the name brand counterpart. Problem is (and check this out) whould you beleive that this "mandate" by our FDA is enforced strictly by the honer system!

I know! I didn't beleive it either until I started looking into it. I always thought the FDA had this army of quality control people always checking generic parm companies to make sure they are sticking to the rule, but they don't.

If you want to find out more about the generic drug fiasco and our FDA's failure to protect us then go to crazymeds.com and you can find a ton of real documentation about lab tests and the governments lack of control. I was shocked.
Belle313 See journal for 5/24/16 Comment
1 hr ago
KTowne commented on photo
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time