Fungal Infection that won't go away?
About three weeks ago or so, I developed a small fungal infection on my pinky.  Its diameter was about maybe 5mm at the most, and my skin around it peeled.  I simply thought it was just dry skin because of cold weather and moisturized with lotion.  One and a half weeks later, it got bigger and was the size of a penny.  I was told that it was a fungal infection and then I went to a clinic to get it checked out.  They gave me lotrisone and I used it for about 5 days when I saw no improvement.  In fact, it got even bigger and it itched.  Small red and white bumps appeared wherever I scratched on my pinky.  I went to my primary care physician and he gave me ketaconazole.  I have been using it for 3 days, I see no improvement but it didn't get bigger.  However, There are more white bumps under my skin that look like pockets of pus.  Yesterday, one pocket of pus deflated and a drop of pus oozed out.  I can't tell if the new topical cream is working, but the pockets of pus is concerning me.  I took a few pictures of my pinky.  Ever since I got the infection, it's only been on my pinky and nowhere else.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Africanchild joined this group
Welcome them!
Jun 21
Larryshaw1 commented on photo
Jun 20
ken270 commented on scalp condition
Jun 03