Fungal Infection that won't go away?
About three weeks ago or so, I developed a small fungal infection on my pinky.  Its diameter was about maybe 5mm at the most, and my skin around it peeled.  I simply thought it was just dry skin because of cold weather and moisturized with lotion.  One and a half weeks later, it got bigger and was the size of a penny.  I was told that it was a fungal infection and then I went to a clinic to get it checked out.  They gave me lotrisone and I used it for about 5 days when I saw no improvement.  In fact, it got even bigger and it itched.  Small red and white bumps appeared wherever I scratched on my pinky.  I went to my primary care physician and he gave me ketaconazole.  I have been using it for 3 days, I see no improvement but it didn't get bigger.  However, There are more white bumps under my skin that look like pockets of pus.  Yesterday, one pocket of pus deflated and a drop of pus oozed out.  I can't tell if the new topical cream is working, but the pockets of pus is concerning me.  I took a few pictures of my pinky.  Ever since I got the infection, it's only been on my pinky and nowhere else.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Emily_MHModerator Survey link - https://goo.g... Comment
Jun 26
Emily_MHModerator uploaded new photos
Jun 02