Dermatology Medical Photos User Group
Red/Brown Bump on Nose
About This Group:

The Dermatology Medical Photos user group welcomes medically-relevant questions/photos regarding dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. You must be 18+ years old to participate. By entering and/or posting you agree you are 18 years old or older and accept the guidelines listed above. Note: Failure to comply will result in deactivation of your account.

Founded by Med Help on November 20, 2012
44 members

Red/Brown Bump on Nose

8975976?1364572228
I attached a picture. I'm 17 years old and has had this redish brown bump on my nose for over a year. It scabs up and then the outer layer of the skin peels off and just grows back. I have tried many things to make it go away but nothing works. I went to the dermatologist last year and they gave me pills but that didnt help. Does anyone have an idea on what it is?
Ruta, I do not knjow if you have found a solution to your "bump" issue as of yet.

But I thoiught I would chime in to let you know that I think I am having the same issue.

Although mine is not a bump, it does however, get inflammed, and the skin flakes up and peels off, like every 3 days.

Over and over this happens. No matter how I keep it moisturized and such. It just does it again, and again.

Mine is on both sides of my mouth area. Right on the outsides of my Goat Tee (mustache) area!

First it will be reddish and sore, then skin will form over it, and I tghink it is ehaling. Then its like the skin beneath the newly formed skin gets inflammed again, which in-turn, makes that newly formed skin flake all up and turn into - now dead skin, which again, flakes on my face!

I am a black male myself, and this has started to cause discoloration at the irritation site(s).

I am lost - on my options!
Sounds like herpes and looks like herpes, believe it or not it can travel to skin on the nose and eyes mouth the face really.  Do the research and see if it fits either of your situations. Good luck. Also, if it is near your shaving area, it could be folliculitis. It is infection in the folical area and shaving can cause it too form and you need a specific medication for it.
Nadspost joined this group
Welcome them!
Sep 05
Sydnie22 joined this group
Welcome them!
Sep 01
Emily_MHModerator added the Exercise Tracker
Aug 26