Itching of the head, neck , and ears
For about 3 weeks now my head, neck, and ears have been itching really badly. There was some kind of bug in my hair that I found today but I hadn't found any bugs before and I worked outside today. The bug was a darkish color. I didn't really get a good look of it because as soon as I saw it was a a bug I hurried up and threw it in the garbage can. I think it might be lice but I'm not sure. Does anyone know what it is?
From the symptoms it can be insect bites, lice bite, allergies, sweat dermatitis or heat rash. Even atopic dermatitis and eczema needs to be ruled out. Use a mild cleanser with moisturizing properties like Cetaphil. Also use cotton clothes and change the clothes twice if there is any increased sweating. Try keeping the skin free of sweat as far as possible. If the symptoms still persist then you can apply mild steroid like dermacort. For the itching antihistaminics like Benadryl or Claritin can be taken.

If the symptoms persist then please get an evaluation done by a dermatologist. Also get tick borne fever ruled out.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

I actually had lice. I got it from my daughter. Because after the itching kept on going on and on I checked her head and she had tons of nits in her hair. I had my friend Emma check my hair and she said I had a little bit of nits but not a lot. So I went to my daughter, anna's school and they said that this one facewash, I can't remember what it's called, will kill and suffocate all the bugs in your hair and that is what we used but of course we still had to pick the nits out( that is such a horrible job) and we did that everyweek for 3 weeks and we have been lice free for almost a month.