painful lumps on the bottom of my feet

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

painful lumps on the bottom of my feet

hello, these lumps began growing a couple years ago , and had been painful in the mornings, one of them became larger and is hurting all day. there are 4 they are under the callous on the front of both feet, and look like bubbles, they dont feel empty like blisters, they range from dime to fifty cent size  they appear to be white . i saw one doctor who told me they were uric acid,after telling me they were callouses,then changing his mind,he didn't seem real shure, and couldn't tell me of a cure. what do you think? terry
Avatar_dr_f_tn

In those past 4 years, were there any changes in the character of these bumps?

Have they grown larger, became painful and itchy?

Have you had this assessed by your dermatologist?

One differential for this will be plantar warts. Plantar warts are usually flat and a little white to skin colored.They may be painful when pressure is applied.Like callus and corns which are also differentials here,they usually affect the bottom of the feet.Also, plantar warts may show these black dots on their surfaces. These are actually tiny blood vessels.

If gouty lesions are being considered here, it is best to have blood tests done. Your serum uric acid levels and urinary uric acid levels may be determined to ascertain the diagnosis of gout.