Burning, Swelling, Spreading Bug Bites??
I was babysitting the other night and the kids wanted to play in their yard. I was watching them, and we were only out for id say 30 minutes. I came home to find a few bumps on my arm that I just shrugged about passing them off as mosquito bites. But I woke up early that morning and my whole body was burning. As the  day went on, I counted 35 red, itching, burning, stinging bumps that looks like regular bug bites but they don't feel like them.. Some are small, and in a line, I have 15 just on one arm....and some are quater sized or larger, they're hard and  swollen and scattered all over. It seems that they are spreading and I even have them on my fingers, toes, and the heels of my feet. There's even some in the middle of my back that is always covered up. I'm so confused that they look like bug bites but feel like hives. The burning wont stop no matter what. I've tried ice, cold water, aloe vera, cream, and benadryl...but everything made them sting and burn even more. I've had chicken pox already, I don't think the pictures of poison ivy match at all.. I do have a grass allergy but never had a reaction like this and I'm on allergy shots..and I don't know how I'd get hives. I have no histpry of eczema. Nothing is working to calm them down and getting 35 bug bites within that time frame seems unlikely to me. The kids don't have any bumps and I only noticed them when I got home. Please help. I know its hard when you cant see them but if someone has an idea of what it is, OR remedies to help the pain....even pain killers didnt help.. and its worse today. even if you may have an idea of what type of insect bite it may be..any help is MUCH appreciated!! Thank you! :-)
Such a generalized itchy rash which appears on the whole body is usually due to allergic reaction or viral infeactions. Apply cold compresses(ice cubes wrapped in a towel) on the rash and take some antihistaminic like benadryl or claritin. You can also apply calamine lotion on the rash. It will help in soothing the skin.
If the symptoms persist then you should get it examined from a dermatologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

This is exactly what I'm experiencing! I was outside with friends last night for less than an hour. I thought I had mosquito bites because my left leg started itching REALLY bad. When I got home, I was getting ready to take a shower and noticed weird red "bites" (a little swollen like it had just been a mosquito bite) on the back of my upper arm, almost alarm pit.  I thought it was just a lot of mosquitos, took a shower and went to bed. I couldn't sleep in the night because of the same foot that had been itching. When I woke up this morning my foot had multiple red ITCHY bumps, there were a few more on my other foot and all down the back of both of my arms.  I've been watching them today and have seen more pop up, including on my hand I between my knuckles.  I started treating it like poison ivy, I took Benadryl, nothing is relieving this insane itching!  Did you ever get a diagnosis? I'm calling my derm tomorrow ASAP.