rash around and in nose
Hi,  could you tell me what it could be if my 4 yr. old daughter has a rash that looks like a few little pimples on her face especially near her nose and she says her nose is itchy inside.  I could see that it looks like there is a red bump on the inside of her nose to.  She has no fever.  Thank you

This could be a case of perioral dermatitis which presents as groups of itchy or tender small red papules  that may appear round the mouth, nose, chin and cheeks. The surrounding skin may be pink, and the skin surface often becomes dry and flaky. The most common cause is the application of moisturisers, cream cleansers, sunscreens  and especially topical steroid creams or ointment.

If it persists, i would be best to have it evaluated by your doctor for proper management. . Perioral dermatitis  responds well to treatment but can recur  at a later date or when the antibiotics are discontinued.  It is important to wash the face with warm water alone while the rash is present and finish the full course of antibiotics prescribed by your doctor to prevent recurrence. Avoid triggers mentioned above.

Take care and keep us posted.