1 centimeter flat pink-red spots on upper abdomen

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

My husband is 45 years old, in reasonably good health, but over the past couple of months has developed three pink spots, each about a centimeter across, on his upper abdomen (about 4 - 5 inches below his sternum). The spots are round, do not hurt or itch, and aside from the color, do not appear to differ from the skin around it in any way. He has a history of allergies, acid reflux, osteoarthritis, and probably some other conditions, I just don't know which are relevant. He is in fairly good health, very athletic but slightly over weight.
Any ideas of where to start? What other symptoms should I look at in order to narrow it down? Are there any image databases to look at skin spots?
Without examination,confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but it can be pityriasis rosea.
Pityriasis rosea is a common human skin disease which presents as numerous patches of pink or red oval rash. The rash may be accompanied by low-grade headache, fever, nausea and fatigue and sometimes by itching.

No treatment is usually required. In most patients, the condition lasts only a matter of weeks or months(upto six months)

If the rash persists then it will be best to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.Other possibilities have to be ruled out then.
I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts. Warm regards.