Dermatology Community
11 yr old son has sudden eraser sized brown spots on face
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

11 yr old son has sudden eraser sized brown spots on face

My son came downstairs after cleaning his face tonight (no change in that routine, other than the fact that he is doing it more regularly these days) and told me he had spots on his face. I turned around and was shocked. He has 2 pencil eraser sized round light brown spots on his face and one very light coloerd one.I ran my finger over the 2 darker ones, and I can just barely feel them there. Not raised really, but not just a skin discoloration.
I asked him if he had been messing with a pen cap or something, maybe run into something (he's a bit clumsy, but what almost-twelve year old boy sin't?), but the marks are on his lift and right jawline. The lighter third one is also on the left side. While they aren't in exactly the same place on both sides, it is pretty darn close. And no, it's not dirt. That was the first thing I checked, lol. I'm a little worried, and I think I will be taking him to the dermatologist as soon as I can, but I thought I would check here, too.
While I'm here, I may as well ask about my 7 year old son too. His father has rosacia, and his poor little face is bright red when he gets the slightest bit warm or flushed. He also has tons of little white bumps on his face. The dr. called the bumps 'pearls' and decided it was some kind of acne? On a 7 year old? The bumps aren't even under the skin. If I didn't know better, I would say his face 'looks' like it needs a good scrubbing, but that will do nothing good... She gave me a script for Salex 6% salicylic acid for it, but I have seen no improvement. He also has the same on backs of arms and calves. Thnx